60cs And Easygps And Gsak

So how do I use these programs with my new 60cs? They seem to have no USB support.

GSAK uses GPSBabel "Under the hood" for GPS communications. Currently GPSBabel only supports serial communications.So when GPSBabel supports USB so will GSAK.

There are currently two preferred methods to get around this for 60C/S and GSAK:

1. Export your required caches to "Mapsource" format (mapping software that comes with the 60C/S), Load into MapSource, Send to GPS

2. Get a serial cable for the 60C/S (Users have reported this works fine with GSAK and other software)

So how do I use these programs with my new 60cs? They seem to have no USB support.

I had the same worries. I used to use QuakeMap for everything. But without USB support I was forced to alter my methods. So here's what I do now. I take my queries and open them all in GSAK. From there I can use Babble to convert the files in GPX/LOC or MPS. I really like using QuakeMap so that i can see an aerial photo of the caches physical location.

After I filter what I want on GSAK I export it to MapSource in MPS format. I use the cache name not the waypoint for listing in the GPS. If I need to I can d/l info from the GPS into MpaSource then from there convert it to the format I need and open any program and use it. I'm getting more comfortable everyday using this new method.

FYI, EasyMPS places data from either GPX or LOC files directly to Mapsource. From this you can upload to the 60c or cs via USB. Works very well with my 60cs. :bad:

Hmm, seems as Idahofreedom placed the link to this in the previous post. Awesome.

Edited by Wild_Bill
FYI, EasyMPS places data from either GPX or LOC files directly to Mapsource. From this you can upload to the 60c or cs via USB. Works very well with my 60cs. ;)

Hmm, seems as Idahofreedom placed the link to this in the previous post. Awesome.

That's the easyest way I found to load waypoints into the GPS. It works fast and is easy.