Worst Gpsr Accuracy

It's impossible to say exactly what the accuracy of a fix is unless you are at a known point whose coordinates you can compare the reading to.

That said. I've had EPE in the 220 to 280 foot range for more than fifteen minutes while caching, but the fixes agreed pretty well with those taken when EPE got back down under forty feet.

I've also had error that was so bad that I knew how bad it really was. The fix was four and a half miles from where I knew I was. I suspect multi-path interference was the culprit, as the site was hemmed in by an elevated highway and foothills.

According to my unit, I was in Brazil. At the time I'm pretty sure I was in northern Ohio. But my GPSr wouldn't lie to me. Would it? :rolleyes:

Oh, yeah, it'll play little tricks on me. First it will say that I'm 30 feet away, then 96 feet away, then 16 feet in another direction, all without me moving an inch. Sometimes it will say that I'm 20 feet away, +/- 185 feet. Then I swear that I hear it laughing at me. :lol: