Central London Caches Need New Owners

Perthos

I have a situation that I didn't expect to encounter this year. After 6 months of working here in London, and expecting the project to last another year or so, I will soon be returning to California for a new job. That's the good news. :) The bad news is that I persuaded the local approvers to let me place or adopt 51 caches in the past 3 months and now I need to find owners for all of them. :) Of this lot, 49 are in Central London and all but one of those are micro caches.

These caches are grouped into several areas, and I have new owners for 15 of them, but I need to find owners for the remaining 36 or the caches may need archiving from lack of attention or running out of log space.

Here is my list, and what I still need owners for:

8 caches: Buckingham Palace Area (St James's Park 1-4, Green Park 1-4)

9 caches: Hyde Park 1-9

7 caches: Kensington Gardens

6 caches: Regents Canal 7-12 (West of Camden Market)

6 caches: Regents Park

I enjoyed putting these out there since the walks are so beautiful any time of the year. My primary goal was to enjoy the walking myself while providing everyone with a little incentive to walk an entire park loop and pick up some micros on the way. I am sorry to ask for new owners so soon after placing them, and hope everyone understands.

Please contact me through my profile for contact information, or post general questions or suggestions here. I have some extra containers and tons of printed & cut-to-size log sheets, plus the Word documents for making more if anyone wants more. (Getting those little logs into breath mint containers took a bit of experimenting!)

If you can volunteer this week, it will ease my worries a lot and keep the micro series through the parks and canal going a few more months.

Thanks so much!

Tom Perkins

Hear, hear! What the Numbers Man said!!! :D

It was fun racing around London a few months back trying to beat Seasider to a few of your caches. And I am looking forward to finding more of yours this weekend -- both in London and a little further north.

(And I swear I didn't lose the Regents Canal #4 micro, no matter what Seasider says!)

Thanks again! Enjoy the return to the States!!

We have really enjoyed doing perthos's caches, thanks for placing them. We've taken two trips to London so far and done about half of them! I really wish we'd had the hint for Green Park #1 as I now think we spent ages looking in the wrong place. :bad:

Hope you find some adopters as we prefer these to virtuals.

Cheers

Lisa

Well, I am back in California enjoying a well-deserved break before starting my new job at the end of April.

I wanted to thank everyone for your encouragement and support on getting all 51 caches adopted. Special thanks to Hornet, Family-Wood, Learned Gerbil, and JonnyTuna for taking over the various caches. Additional thanks to everyone else who volunteered.

My 7 months of working and geocaching in the UK was a great experience, and I would gladly do it again! All the people I met in the geocaching community were friendly and supportive, and I learned a great deal about the history and geography of England by following my GPS arrow around the greater London area.

Thanks again to all.

Tom Perkins (Perthos)

Having done a clutch of the Hyde Park caches the other day, there are at least a couple that could do with a maintainence visit as the magnets have come unstuck from the canisters.

And maybe more accurate co-oridinates for Hyde Park #1 would be helpful.

Other than that, it's a great series and a good excuse for a nice walk in the park. :lol: