Has The Berlin Wall Been Reassembled In Canada?

cwoper

In January we crossed at Sarnia and when asked why we said sight seeing (not wanting to explain caching!), the Canadian guard said " There are no sights to see in Petrolia." He then saw our GPS asked what it was and said, "You can't get lost in Petrolia." He then looked at drivers licenses and waved us on

3 weeks ago, we were gonna hit caches in Windsor area. Brought only drivers licences. Were told we needed passports or Birth Certs. Since we didn't have them we were sent to the immigration office for a 1 day permit. Were told we were in "the system" and to not try this again. We asked why DL's only were fine in January they said, "You've always needed passports or birth certs, you just don't always get asked."

By the way in 1990 I was convicted of OUIL - "operating under the influence of liquor" although in my case it was just beer! :)

In my cross border travels I just needed to show I had car insurance good in Canada and tell them that I wasn't in the military while hiding my military brat ID card. But I think Alaska and Yukon Territory get along better than the USA and Canada in general and the countries don't do too bad to begin with.

This was before 9/11 by quite a few years.

Hey jack. Get over the America Jr. crap. We're the biggest country in "America". We just don't see the need to overcompensate for our lacks with large collections of long hard missles. If you think we're just another state, you've never spent any time getting to know a Canuck!

FYI, I have a canuck sitting right behind me as I write this

(at work). We're awfully close to BC here. This particular Canuck spends a lot of time telling me what my country is doing wrong. Of course, he lives and works HERE, so...

And while you do have the biggest land mass - and many of the most beautiful places, can't beat the Canadian Rockies - in North America what's the percentage that live within 60 miles of the US border? 80% or something like that?

Anyway, the America, Jr. shot is from Homer Simpson. Personally, I like traveling in Canada. See my post about 33% off strippers. :)

And going to Canada is my only chance to see the NHL now that I moved to Seattle.

And finally as for those long, hard missles, (most) Canadiens weren't complaining about them when they were keeping the Soviets on their side of the Arctic Circle, after Canada decided to just let the US defend it in the late 50's.

Respect: Respect the guidelines for forum usage, and site usage. Respect Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, yourself, fellow community members, and guests on these boards. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they deserve the same respect.

Foul Language and obscene images will not be tolerated. This site is family friendly, and all posts and posters must respect the integrity of the site.

Personal Attacks and Flames will not be tolerated. If you want to praise or criticize, give examples as to why it is good or bad, general attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.

Sock Puppet accounts will not be allowed. A sock puppet is an account made on an internet message board by a person who already has an account for the purpose of posting anonymously. Use your own account for posting personal opinions. Posts from known sock puppet accounts will be deleted and both the puppet and actual account may be banned from using the services of Groundspeak.

Keep on topic: Responses to a particular thread should be on-topic and pertain to the discussion. Users should use the New Topic button to start a new discussion which would otherwise be off-topic in the current thread. Threads that are off topic may be closed by the moderator.

Private Discussions: Sometimes, a discussion thread strays off into a friendly dialogue or a heated debate among a very small number of users. For these exchanges, use the private discussion feature that is provided through the Groundspeak forums, or the Geocaching.com e-mail system. Public forum posts should be reserved for matters of interest to the general community.