Locationless (reverse) Caches - 1 In Particular

John NW

Hi folks

Could someone tell me how you are meant to be able to log GCB873 - Hitchhiker round the world? From it's description it seems to be a travel bug - if not is it a real cache that gets moved on from place to place. If it is the former - shouldn't it be under Travel Bugs? If it is the latter shouldn't it be under normal caches - like "Keep it Moving" or "Cuckoo Cache Too"? :blink:

Also when will the banning of new locationless caches be lifted? :D

I agree, it appears the actually be a moving cache. Old enough to be grandfathered, so that's not an issue. The fact that it's not really a locationless cache is, though. It has a single, distinct location, and listing it as a LC means that location isn't listed in cache searches. Most cachers wouldn't even know it existed, even if it was 100ft from their front door. It also looks like it hasn't moved in a year, so maybe it doesn't even exist anymore? Needs more looking into.

So how does it get a proper designation?

More importantly, does it really matter? its a grandfathered OLD cache. Labels were a lot looser then. At the time it was approved it may have been the right cache type to use. I'm not sure its even worth bothering with all the trouble to try to change it.