Long Island Geocaching Organization.

JMBella

Z-Man - you've been doing too many caches they must all be melding together in your mind :D - you've been to West Hills (you found the cache dedicated to my brother there) back in September

Anyway - it's off Round Swamp Rd - between Jericho Tpke and the Northern State Pkwy. There's one parking lot on Highhold Rd (off Round Swamp), another on Sweet Hollow Rd and street parking by Jayne's Hill (Reservoir Rd)

JMBella - I've got an ambulance shift to cover the morning of 4/17 so I can't help you organize, but I'm going to try and meet up with everyone in the afternoon. Any thoughts on what part of the park you'll be in?

-PD

JMBella - I've got an ambulance shift to cover the morning of 4/17 so I can't help you organize, but I'm going to try and meet up with everyone in the afternoon. Any thoughts on what part of the park you'll be in?

I've been swamped with getting my new office started so i haven't had a chance to get the permit. At this point it's probably too late to get an event together for April 17. I need to start working on the event for the summer already.

Ahhh, another site Hmm... HEY HEY Boggy! ... I just got back from key west, FLA. Real shortage of caches there, and with the rules the way they are I couldn't leave one so... Anyway I saw STEAK and was like YEA!! ok, I'm in if we can get some steaks goin...I also make some sick BBQ Ribs... :bad: Hmm... Yea.. I'm gonna make this one I think.

-Mus

i will bbq at the summer event like i did at the palisades event then or we can plan a steak dinner social...mmm steak

Huntington is definitely the spot for a dinner event. More restaurants in that town than you can shake a stick at. (what the hell does that mean anyway?) Just need to pick a place. Stay tuned.

Huntington / Melville / rte 110 definately have plenty of places to eat....

As far as West Hills goes, I don't think we need a permit this early in the season - I think it's first come first served for the picnic sites. I know with the Cub Scouts we've been there off-season and haven't needed a permit. (camping is another story though)

Huntington / Melville / rte 110 definitely have plenty of places to eat....

As far as West Hills goes, I don't think we need a permit this early in the season - I think it's first come first served for the picnic sites. I know with the Cub Scouts we've been there off-season and haven't needed a permit. (camping is another story though)

Well then. In that case I'll take a ride there this afternoon and grab the coords. Besides it's just a bunch of people gathering and picking up garbage right? Who's going to argue with that? I don't think we'll need to cook. We'll do like the other NY CITO Event and just have coffee, donuts and the like. How's that sound? Maybe I'll hide a new cache or 2 for people to find. Maybe someone else can hide one too.

OK. I've got a problem. I went to West Hills today and grabbed the coords, came home and submitted the cache page. Everything's cool right? Wrong. My wife reminded me we are supposed to be in New Jersey on the 17th for some family crap!!!!! Now what? Can someone run the event? I'll be happy to post the page, I'll take care of getting the trash bags, I have someone that will donate a dumpster, I just need someone there that day to make sure everything runs smoothly. Any takers? Should I just post the cache page anyway an hope somebody steps up?

C'mon LI'ers - nobody wants to step up and take over this event?

JMB - as I said in a previous post, I've got an ambulance shift to work that morning so I can't commit to running it.

But I will be in the park in the afternoon for CITO - if anybody wants to join me I'll have the FRS radio with me on channel 2.

-Poppa Duck