Steal A Pen

tlg

NORM

I wouldn't worry. Everyone steals a pen at least once in their life.

Can you get sent to the pen for stealing a pen? :o

nope its called pety theft, $30 + restitution is the max (at least this is what I was told by word of mouth from people at school IN NO WAY AM I A LEGAL AUTHORITY)

Used to be stealing the chained pens at the post office was a federal offense..... :)

pens at the post office was a federal offense..... :)

because you were stealing from the feds

BTW what do you think about the govenment sponsering sports teams (since we are kinda on the topic of post offices and they sponser my favorite sports team, try to guess who) SORRY TO BE OFF TOPIC, IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO POST OFF TOPIC PLEASE TAKE IT TO AS OR PM ME

Edited by wildearth2001
pens at the post office was a federal offense..... :o

BTW what do you think about the govenment sponsering sports teams (since we are kinda on the topic of post offices and they sponser my favorite sports team, try to guess who) SORRY TO BE OFF TOPIC, IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO POST OFF TOPIC PLEASE TAKE IT TO AS OR PM ME

wow, you mangled that one! :):):P

pens at the post office was a federal offense..... :o

huh!!! :)

pens at the post office was a federal offense..... :P

wauw, yeu magneled tat wone! :):):P

:):):D:(:o:lol::):(

I have a question that is sort of straddling the on/off topic line.

If this cache is full of pens, and it's in British Columbia, doesn't it get kinda cold up there? What happens when the ink in all those pens freezes? And then thaws? Will the log book end up looking like those cards with the dirty pictures that my psychiatrist keeps showing me?

RichardMoore

And just because they're pens in this case, doesn't negate the fact that theft is theft.

When you stole a peek at the description, did that make you a thief?

It appears this all about semantics, as has been pointed out earlier. I've seen requests for "spell check" in the forums. I wonder if we'll now see requests for "lawyer check"? Btw, I'm not anti-semantic. Rather than run along, I will just quietly steal away into the dark and stormy night. :)

Fist of all a link to the cache lets us see the phrase as used so we can view it in it's full context. Tlg this was a valid request.

To me it's clear as a bell what the cache owner intends and the intent is not to steal a pen. For one thing how in the hell would you prove it was stolen? "This pen says "Skilcraft US Government" and so the very act of placing it in the cache subjects me to a fine and up to three years in prison. Hooaah! I am so BAD and I STOLE the pen! I dare, no I double dog dare the police to track me down and arrest me!

This topic is all the more issue this cache will ever create in the world.

Fist of all a link to the cache lets us see the phrase as used so we can view it in it's full context. Tlg this was a valid request.

I also think this is a valid request. I did a quick search and I believe this is the cache in question.

If the USPS can pay Lance to ride a bike why can't the IRS pay me to find some cache? :)

Edit:Typo

Edited by cache_us_if_you_can
Ah it's just the word steal you disagree with.

I've done several pen theme caches. They're cool.

My favorite was for pharmaceutical advertising pens.

They're a dime a dozen.

Used drug rep pens for my own caches as well as trade items.

You are correct about the verbage. We are trying to position the sport to be a G-rated family activity so we can get some political traction and not get squeezed out of parks and federal lands like we get now.

Even if in jest, using terms like "steal a pen" is playing with fire, as these lands are ruled by eco-elitists who think some activities are cool enough to be allowed and others are simply beneath them.

As these people tend NOT to be the most intellectually curious (read: neo-luddites), they look at us with our (gasp of horror) electronic devices and immediately try to squeeze us out because they don't or can't understand the sport. They feel threatened as they think that if we let these geocachers in, they won't get the pristine bonding with nature experience that they get now by squeezing everyone else out of the park.

Even though they are luddites, they still can spin an argument. They can say we support stealing and show this website. Give them an excuse that plays in the media, and they get a big head start. On TV, these are "ranger rick" types and fashion models for REI catelogs, and we come off as geeks. Who wins? We certainly don't need to give them any ammunition.

To me it's clear as a bell what the cache owner intends and the intent is not to steal a pen. For one thing how in the hell would you prove it was stolen? "This pen says "Skilcraft US Government" and so the very act of placing it in the cache subjects me to a fine and up to three years in prison. Hooaah! I am so BAD and I STOLE the pen! I dare, no I double dog dare the police to track me down and arrest me!

The post below yours has the link, although it's not necessary to the topic.

This topic is not about the repercussions of pen thievery; it's about the usage of the word "steal" (in it's application re: an article owned by someone else) on a cache page. That's it, plain and simple. I don't care if every pen you own is from your corner grocery store or if every towel in your linen closet is property of the Dew-Drop-Inn. Heck, I still use the milk crates I swiped in university.

Fist of all a link to the cache lets us see the phrase as used so we can view it in it's full context.  Tlg this was a valid request.

To me it's clear as a bell what the cache owner intends and the intent is not to steal a pen.  For one thing how in the hell would you prove it was stolen?  "This pen says "Skilcraft US Government" and so the very act of placing it in the cache subjects me to a fine and up to three years in prison.  Hooaah!  I am so BAD and I STOLE the pen!  I dare, no I double dog dare the police to track me down and arrest me!

The post below yours has the link, although it's not necessary to the topic.

This topic is not about the repercussions of pen thievery; it's about the usage of the word "steal" (in it's application re: an article owned by someone else) on a cache page. That's it, plain and simple. I don't care if every pen you own is from your corner grocery store or if every towel in your linen closet is property of the Dew-Drop-Inn. Heck, I still use the milk crates I swiped in university.

Boy do you seem to be missing the point about context. Go run along and look it up...I'll wait :)

Boy do you seem to be missing the point about context. Go run along and look it up...I'll wait :)

You seem to be incapable or unwilling to contribute anything of any use to this thread. Please stop posting to it. Or, if you have an obsessive-compulsive disorder that requires you to post, please read the rest of the posts first. That way, you can at least pretend to understand.

If no one objects, I'll lock this thread in a bit.

You seem to be incapable or unwilling to contribute anything of any use to this thread. Please stop posting to it. Or, if you have an obsessive-compulsive disorder that requires you to post, please read the rest of the posts first. That way, you can at least pretend to understand.

If no one objects, I'll lock this thread in a bit.

Please do.....It should've been locked before it was ever opened!

Why does my post say ringbone? :o

Please do.....It should've been locked before it was ever opened!

Why does my post say ringbone? :)

When deciding what should or should not be discussed, I somehow doubt anyone would ask your opinion.

Locking thread, no point in giving little Sparky another place to play.