Pocket Queries

blocko1000

What options do you have set in the queries?

Make sure they are not mutually exclusive. For example, asking for "caches you have found" AND "caches you have not found" will result in no matches because a cache can't be both found and not found.

But you can run them interactively (as often as you want) to see what the e-mail results would be.

But I'd guess Hemlock has the right answer....unless there aren't any caches within 300 miles of his house...

(If you still can't get interactive output to return anything, post exactly what your selections are....)

What is the origin and distance you specified?

(I ran the selection you gave, within 100 miles of zip 47374 and got 4 hits. You could change your PQ to that and run it interactively to make sure something else isn't going on.)

(Edited to add:

If I run that for 300 miles from ZIP 89501, just guessing what you might be using, I get 12 hits.)

Edited by beejay&esskay

I created a PQ exactly as you described. When I run it interactively is shows more than 100 caches. the nearest one being GCG6DZ. (Of course I haven't been caching near Reno...some of these you may have found....but not all of them.)

1. When you run this interactively, you get 0 caches?

2. If you change the ZIP code to 47374, how many caches do you get?

(Check again that the PQ selections match what you've said....I noticed that a cache type was selected while I was testing...not sure I just fat-fingered it, or if there is some program error....)

If you check everything and still get 0 caches running interactively, maybe you can plead for Jeremy to look at it.

OK, that's a whole different question. Obviously has nothing to do with selection.

Jeremy has also been known to answer that sort of question.

Does it have a date and time in the "last generated" column when you look at your pocket queries list? If not, what days do you have selected for it to run?

If it does have a date/time and you didn't get an e-mail, it is most likely because the e-mail was blocked by your ISP (suspected spam, suspected virus, etc.)

Are you getting any email at all? Even a PQ that returns no caches will still send out an email saying such. If you're not getting an email at all, then there is something else going on. Perhaps your ISP is blocking it for some reason. Perhaps your spam filter is catching it. Perhaps your anti-virus is blocking something. Two things to try: 1. have the file zipped. 2. Try a different email account, if you have one.

I can't imagine a case where the interactive result would be different than the e-mail.

Are you sure you are talking apples-to-apples? (I'm away from home, but the e-mail does list the name of the PQ, doesn't it? You do have distinctive names, right?)

How many PQ's do you have? What date/time was the latest e-mail with no results. What PQ's are listed as running on that date?

I've never had an instance where I got "none found" where that wasn't true.

It may be time for a new thread entitled "PQ shows caches interactively but e-mail says there are none - Help, Jeremy"....but be prepared for him to point out the obvious (to him) error. (He'll want to know PQ name, date/time last e-mailed, I suspect.)

I get the same problem, sorta, I run the PQ interactively, and I get nothing int he email, no email, nada zilch. I have made a couple new ones, and I run them also set them to run, and i still get nothing, nada zilch, I have ONE PQ that does email me results, and that is once a week in san diego for new caches......

what am I doing worng? I used to get PQs all the time, now I get nothing...exzcept one tiny small one.....

I run the PQ interactively, and I get nothing int he email, no email, nada zilch.

If you run the PQ interactively, you get the display, but no e-mail.

E-mail is only sent if you check the box for the day(s) you want the e-mail sent.

I have run the PQ interactively and gotten the PQ in the email right afterward. at times....

but now even when I dont' run it interactively, I still get nothing, got them checkto run everyday, and still nada, zip, zilch.

My experience is that when a query is working, it keeps working. But when I setup a new query, they SOMETIMES never arrive in my mailbox, but other queries that were run around the same time DO arrive. It's hard to determine if the problem is with my ISP (WideOpenWest) or GC.COM. But changing the email address (from my default) to an alternate address usually fixes the problem. I have one that I have been trying to get all week - GC says they runs it every day, but I never see it arrive (and yes I do check my spam box to see if that's where it ended up). Today I changed the address to my Yahoo account and We'll see what happens.

I've had a problem with this. I have 5 queries set up. Only one is active for my area. The rest rotate.

When I was getting ready for a trip I modified one for the zip code of the area I was going to. No results. I check it and everything was set up right. Still no results. Finally I deleted the query and started over. Same settings but now I had results.

So my best guess is that somehow the old inactive query became corrupt and deleting it solve the problem. Meanwhile my normal and active weekly query was doing just fine.

I don't know why the difference between a new query and editing an old one but it was there none the less.