Something Broken?

Right Wing Wacko

Things seem to be weird today. When viewing the newest caches in my state I am seeing ALL new caches, even those that have not been approved yet.

When viewing a printer friendly version of the cache page with "5" logs, I am instead getting ALL logs.

Congrats on becoming an approver. May the headaches begin. :unsure:

Things seem to be weird today. When viewing the newest caches in my state I am seeing ALL new caches, even those that have not been approved yet.

When viewing a printer friendly version of the cache page with "5" logs, I am instead getting ALL logs.

While I have not been searching for new caches, I did notice the problem with all logs being shown instead of the five normally listed for printer friendly cache pages. I printed up a couple before I noticed how much paper it was using.

When editing a cache log, submitting the changes provokes the following messages:

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

String or binary data would be truncated. The statement has been terminated.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: String or binary data would be truncated. The statement has been terminated.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

That happened to me when I was printing out caches to grab on the way to/from Montana President's Day weekend that were outside the area of the PQ I did.

One printed 16 pages of logs, which made me glad I was printing 2 pages per sheet and using the printer at work. :D

When editing a cache log, submitting the changes provokes the following messages:

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

String or binary data would be truncated. The statement has been terminated.

That sounds to me like your log is too long (there is a length limit of something like 5000 characters). Try shortening your log a bit, or split it into two separate logs.

Same thing here. I am seeing unapproved caches in the list, but clicking on them takes me to the error page and I can't view them. I can still download the loc file from the nearest caches page, though. As tempting as it is to run out and get FTF :D , I'll hold off and wait until they're approved...

I've seen this a few times this weekend while working caches. If we as reviewers go back to the page and click the edit button and go to the editing page and then simply click the button at the bottom again (without having to change anything even) it seems to regenerate the page and approve it properly. It just seems to be a bug that has crept up. I've tried to go back and double check the ones I have approved.

If you notice one, please post the state here or contact you local approver if you know who they are.