Track Logs

wildearth2001

Is there a program, or anyway, to upload track point logs from a Garmin GPS (a Legend) to a PC? What about logs from a PC to the GPS?

That's what the free program EasyGPS is made for! Even better (but not free) is ExpertGPS.

I have easy GPS and it works great for waypoints and routes but TMK it does not do track logs.

You are right. Only ExpertGPS does track logs.

Is there a way I can export the track logs as a JPG or something from those programs?

Yes there is. My preference for track logs, uploads and downloads, of waypoints or tracks can be done for $100. with National Geographics TOPO. They have a map of AZ which you should find useful. Even though my GPS can handle the maps, I still prefer the paper maps and use the base map that comes with the GPS instead of Garmins Mapsource.

And the maps can be made into a jpg and put on the cache page if you so desire.

33363_400.JPG

And it also does some neat profiles:

f9cfbc11-6a28-4fab-a118-3376fa2094aa.jpg

Look at the thumbnails in this link to see a complete example of the maps you can make with this software. And then there is the link to Geocaches on the main page.

Edited by Tahosa and Sons

With USA Photo maps you can do that for free (but a small donation is suggested) or with Expert GPS for $60. Expert GPS has the same waypoint manager as Easy GPS and a very nice track manager.

191989_300.JPG

<edit> Expert GPS doesn't have the altitude profile image :P but you can export the data to excel making it very easy to create all sorts of charts and statistics. i.e. calculate average climb rate, map position vs. altitude for a 3D view of the trail etc. I'm not saying Expert GPS is better. For $40 more it looks like Tahosa and Sons got some nice extra capabilities! </edit>

Edited by geckoee