Overrun by Stuffed Animal Geocachers

Jeremy

I've noticed a continuing trend of stuffed animals like Killer Bees and tigers. I was wondering how many other strange and odd creatures have been found near caches?

It's a fun way to document your finds without being in the picture. I just wanted to point these out in case someone else wanted to create their own real world "familiar" or "avatar" for their finds.

Of course there's always travel bugs, like Frank Fugitive...

Jeremy

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Irish:

It's a fun way to document your finds without being in the picture. I just wanted to point these out in case someone else wanted to create their own real world "familiar" or "avatar" for their finds.

Just in case someone is looking for their own personal custom "familiar" or Stuffed animal, you might check out Mythical Creations

Myth Julie can sew up just about anything. She also makes custom Pins like these. icon_wink.gif

icon_smile.gif

logo_small.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Irish:

Just in case someone is looking for their own personal custom "familiar" or Stuffed animal, you might check out Mythical Creations

Myth Julie can sew up just about anything. She also makes custom Pins like these. icon_wink.gif

icon_smile.gif

logo_small.jpg

Although there are tons of other stuffed animals near and in caches, I was referring more to the stuffed animals that "go geocaching." I meant that people take a stuffed animal and take its picture beside different caches instead of being in the picture themselves.

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

My Hubby always wears one of two T-shirts while Geocaching, & now that we have a nice digital camera, we're going to start taking pictures of "The Shirt" at the cache site. Here in Arizona, we were lucky kids to have had the longest running children's television show in the history of TV! "The Wallace & Ladmo Show" ran for a whopping 35 years! Ask just about any 'Zonie if they ever got a Ladmo Bag, & see what they say! Wearing these T-shirts is our way of paying tribute to great childhood memories, and to have a bunch of fun while caching and making new memories! Check out Ladmo at the cache site!

Dogs Have Owners....Cats Have Staff!!

[This message was edited by The Pet Posse on September 21, 2002 at 10:41 AM.]

I've taken pictures at each of the caches Tabitha has been to, I just don't post all of them. They also usually go on her Travel Bug page. Here's two from New Zealand (Mission Impossible and finding GeoFurby) and one from Singapore.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/track/log/34872_200.JPG

http://img.Groundspeak.com/track/log/34867_200.JPG

http://img.Groundspeak.com/track/log/34878_200.JPG

It started because my daughter didn't want me to get lonely on trips and since she likes to cache, taking pics of the cat at the cache helped her feel she was participating. It's not every day a cat gets to shoot a 50 caliber machine gun.

quote:
Originally posted by The Pet Posse:

My Hubby always wears one of two T-shirts while Geocaching, & now that we have a nice digital camera, we're going to start taking pictures of "The Shirt" at the cache site. Here in Arizona, we were lucky kids to have had the longest running children's television show in the history of TV! "The Wallace & Ladmo Show" ran for a whopping 35 years! Ask just about any 'Zonie if they ever got a Ladmo Bag, & see what they say! Wearing these T-shirts is our way of paying tribute to great childhood memories, and to have a bunch of fun while caching and making new memories! Check out Ladmo at the cache site!

I have my ladmo bag, But I grew up in Tucson where many years before W & L we had Marshal K-GUN on KGUN ch 9. Now there were memories

Lapaglia icon_cool.gif

"Muga Muchu" (forget yourself, focus).

quote:
Originally posted by The Pet Posse:

I have my ladmo bag, But I grew up in Tucson where many years before W & L we had Marshal K-GUN on KGUN ch 9. Now there were memories

Lapaglia icon_cool.gif

"Muga Muchu" (forget yourself, focus).

quote:
Originally posted by Dru Morgan:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cachelog_details.asp?ID=102216&L=608206 found my NYNY in Vegas Cache recently.

http://www.theheavenlyhost.com/dru/images/stealyourcache.gif Serious cachers needed! http://www.theheavenlyhost.com/geocache

LOL... That's cute. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw that one.

Zahrim....

"There's no need to be afraid of strange noises in the night.

Anything that intends you harm will stalk you silently."

quote:
Originally posted by brdad:

What a neat idea! Now I have to come up with one... Much better than taking my own pic!

_On my first day of school my parents dropped me off at the wrong nursery. There I was...surrounded by trees and bushes._

MUCH easer to take, and better than just a hand holding a GPSr in the corner of the picture.

Zahrim....

"There's no need to be afraid of strange noises in the night.

Anything that intends you harm will stalk you silently."

I am currently in possession of Frank Fugitive. Hoooweeee! Have we ever been having fun with him!

He's gone Geocaching in his new caching clothes, visited an Ostrich Farm, thumbed a ride with two hot babes in a cool Jeep!

He's hooked up with his old girlfriend Skipper, went out to dinner with her & got laid! I have pictures of their bedtime antics, if any fellow perverts out there would like to see them! icon_eek.gif Warning! They are very graphic, so I won't be able to post them on his bug page!

He's going to a Carlos Santana concert tomorrow night, with back stage passes & a personal tour of the concert tour bus and hopefully having his picture taken with Carlos!

Frankie is having some very cool adventures! He's been to Hawaii & was given a grass skirt! The last cacher to have him, Sewthere, took Frank to her uncle's ranch in Tucson,Az to try out his skills as a ranch hand! She sewed him a really nice duffle bag to carry all of the extra clothes & supplies Frank has been given since the start of his travels!

He's a very cool travel bug that hopefully other cachers will have as much fun with as we've been having! Some of us have obviously been having waaaay TOO much fun with good ol' Frankie!

Here is a link to his personal bug page to view all of the photos posted so far. We'll be posting several more when we finally, relunctantly allow Frank to continue on his travels! Feel free to email me for more photos! Hope this linky thing works!

http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=2757

[This message was edited by The Pet Posse on October 01, 2002 at 01:16 PM.]

I am currently in possession of Frank Fugitive. Hoooweeee! Have we ever been having fun with him!

He's gone Geocaching in his new caching clothes, visited an Ostrich Farm, thumbed a ride with two hot babes in a cool Jeep!

He's hooked up with his old girlfriend Skipper, went out to dinner with her & got laid! I have pictures of their bedtime antics, if any fellow perverts out there would like to see them! icon_eek.gif Warning! They are very graphic, so I won't be able to post them on his bug page!

He's going to a Carlos Santana concert tomorrow night, with back stage passes & a personal tour of the concert tour bus and hopefully having his picture taken with Carlos!

Frankie is having some very cool adventures! He's been to Hawaii & was given a grass skirt! The last cacher to have him, Sewthere, took Frank to her uncle's ranch in Tucson,Az to try out his skills as a ranch hand! She sewed him a really nice duffle bag to carry all of the extra clothes & supplies Frank has been given since the start of his travels!

He's a very cool travel bug that hopefully other cachers will have as much fun with as we've been having! Some of us have obviously been having waaaay TOO much fun with good ol' Frankie!

Here is a link to his personal bug page to view all of the photos posted so far. We'll be posting several more when we finally, relunctantly allow Frank to continue on his travels! Feel free to email me for more photos! Hope this linky thing works!

http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=2757

[This message was edited by The Pet Posse on October 01, 2002 at 01:16 PM.]