Reopening Locationless Petition?

torritorri

How many of you would like to send a petition to geocaching.com to reopen the locationless dept.? i found this nifty website, hosts free online petitions, petitiononline.com

Of course, you already know that the locationless section of the site is being reworked. Its only been mentioned 1000 times or so.

Since they are already working on rewriting that section of the website and reopening it, do you REALLY think a petition is gonna make the guy work faster? If it were me doing the coding, I would probably step on the brakes and forget the whole thing if you did that.

Why don't you try actually FINDING some of the hundreds that are still there, before you complain about new ones?

Edited by Mopar

I think that it will be an explosion of new LC caches, and if you look at the most of the existing ones are they not so good...

There is a few that are really outstanding!

I think that they should allow them again, BUT it would only be a few new that should be accepted.

Some examples of very easy LCs: Finding a yellow jeep, barber pole and so on...

Examples of different and challenging LCs: The one where to find any of the 200+ wood figures that was made for a certain event and then moved to different locations around the world. The same thing with the Baltimore Fish-LC...

Some LCs are easy in some countries, but more difficult in other countries.

Finding a totem pole in Sweden are not so easy, while finding a yellow Jeep in the US is easier instead.

Some LCs are way to easy to log, like "man on a horse"-LC where some woman logged a toy figure on a toy horse in her home.. Is that really what we are looking for?

I would like to have TWO things added to LC caches when you log them. Not just coordinates, I would like to have CITY and COUNTRY/STATE added also, so it is required to fill them in just like the coordinates are. Sometimes do people only log "Here is a X that I found yesterday" and if there is many logs on that LC is it very difficult to see if that one is logged or not. Normally do I think people use Ctrl-F to search for a certain thing, like I do search for "Sweden" to see which ones that have been logged in Sweden (on a certain LC).

So, my suggestion is, allow LC caches again, but do only approve the best ones, so we don't get a lot of LCs like these:

Find a blue Volvo Car, find a fish in the water, photo of a man with a black cellphone, log a stonewall and so on...

So, my suggestion is, allow LC caches again, but do only approve the best ones, so we don't get a lot of LCs like these:

Find a blue Volvo Car, find a fish in the water, photo of a man with a black cellphone, log a stonewall and so on...

Hi Hedberg, I agree with you, all the way !!

My opinion is that there should be some critisism when opening the LCs. For example a username to location, like 'Where's In A Name? (by Crusso)' cache might be more challenging if it has to be a double; you have to find a fellow GC who can log your co-ordinates and you can log his. It would force you to do some investigations.

Or, if someone wants to collect pictures of watermill turbines, it is OK, but the one who wants to log the cache needs to present some facts also, like year of manufacture, a year of installation or a year of retirement at least or whatever info that gives us all some valuable information, not just a picture.

I would also like see that the cache owner has the responsibility to accept every log. Maybe the point could be that the logs should not be visible before the owner has accepted !!? This may also limit the number of opened LCs !!?

PS: I would like to open some LCs, in order to collect some photos, but I would like to see the rules clarified (after, and if LCs will be opened again) !!