Folding Stool

aka Monkey

No, this isn't like the folding protein project, only nastier.

I got tired of finding caches, and then searching around for somewhere to sit besides the mud while I opened 'em up. To that end, I have bought a mini folding stool to go in my caching backpack. I'm surprised I haven't heard anyone recommend these before.

Hmmm, and to think I thought this was a clever way of doing oragami with you latest bowel movement :blink:

No, this isn't like the folding protein project, only nastier.

I got tired of finding caches, and then searching around for somewhere to sit besides the mud while I opened 'em up. To that end, I have bought a mini folding stool to go in my caching backpack. I'm surprised I haven't heard anyone recommend these before.

No drama, I thought it was going to be another discussion about doot.

Good idea, problem is you never know if it'll be muddy at the cache site so you'll have to bring it along every time.

Got a link or picture?

The stool. Don't worry. It's still not that kind of stool.

When I said "sit in the mud", I guess I meant wet dirt rather than sink-up-to-your-knees kinda mud. I may toss a couple of small pieces of something in the pack to go under the feet if the ground is too soft.

Rocks are nice, when available, but they aren't always available. The stool is light enough I won't mind hauling it around with me all the time, I don't think.

Looking online, they have this, which weighs a bit more but looks nice and is on sale.

Edited by Indiana Cojones

A small square or plastic, or better a trash bag would work to. Lighter and mulit-purpose. After you cache you would be ready to trash out!

What I haven't seen in a while is one of those walking sticks that has a little seat that un-folds on the top. That would be cool, and mulit-functional.

I don't mind getting my tush dirty.  I'll sit down on the nearest available stump or rock or log . . . whatever. 

Is there a rule that actually says you have to sit down to sign the log?

:lol:

Yeah, and judging from the pics I've seen, you don't even get your pants dirty! :D

There are PLENTY of those pics around . . . I just don't post them! :D

I used to have a hiking pack that had a built in stool on the bottom. It was a board with one leg that folded out automatically when I would sit. So I always had a perch to sit on when I was hiking. My ex-wife gave it to one of the evil step-demons for a school backpack, and I never saw it again..... :lol:

Edited by Sparky-Watts
I don't mind getting my tush dirty.  I'll sit down on the nearest available stump or rock or log . . . whatever. 

Is there a rule that actually says you have to sit down to sign the log?

Yo, ho, whaddya know?

Anyway, this is for those times when there isn't a stump or a rock. I don't particularly feel like wallowing in the dirt and then getting it all over my car, my backpack, my GPS, etc.

Also, I enjoy writing cache logs, not just cache notes. It's hard to write more than just your name and the date when you're standing up.

The rest of you can think I'm being a pansy about it, that's fine. I'll spend lots of time thinking about that while I'm sitting on my comfortable stool, enjoying the scenery without freezing my butt off and returning to my car looking like I'm made out of adobe. :D