"They aren't real caches"

"Go list them on waypoint.org"

"Geocaching is about finding a container"

"Virts keep someone from placing a real cache within 528 feet"

"If I wanted a history lesson, I'd open a book"

"Go Geo-sightseeing on another site"

"There are so many virts in my area the map looks like there's a ghost town"

etc, etc, etc....

I've figured out a way to solve at least some of these problems.

Plan a Geo-Sightseeing trip that will take you all around your state. Only look for virtuals, taking the required picture at each stop. The next time you search for nearby caches, you won't have to scroll past any virtuals! :)

You will be able to select "all-types" on your next Pocket Query instead of checking every box except virtuals! ;)

You will boost your "find" count enough to look respectable when comparing your stats to real cachers (as long as they don't see that you logged fake, er...virtual caches) :)

Actually I remember reading in the guidelines at one time that a traditional would supersede a virtual if one was placed with 528 feet. Can one of the mods set me straight on that? I can't seem to find it now. Am I nuts?

Actually I remember reading in the guidelines at one time that a traditional would supersede a virtual if one was placed with 528 feet. Can one of the mods set me straight on that? I can't seem to find it now. Am I nuts?

I remember suggesting that months ago in a thread. I know you revere me as some sort of geocaching god and all, Bella...but my word isn't law.

Yet.

;)

Yeah, but I like clicking on "Filter Finds" from My Cache Page and I don't want to see virtuals there.

I made a Pocket Query search and filtered out my finds, my own caches, only active caches, and selected PA, NY, OH under States. You could select what caches you wish to see and leave off virtuals. I then placed a link to this run this search on my Links Bar above the actual page. I use this link whenever I go to Geocaching.com and immediately see if there are any new caches near me, along with all other caches I haven't found yet. This also removes any Canadian caches which are on the other side of Lake Erie and which I normally get from a regular filtered find search.

Edited by Tprints