Magellan Meridian Gps (base Model)

why not get yourself a 60c or 60cs? if you own any garmin software you can use it on the new gps and with the right maps you can autoroute on the garmin also. just fyi garmin's autorouting solution is much more comprehensive in that you can autoroute throughout canada as well as the us. magellans directroute solution only covers the major metro areas of canada and nothing else.

Canada? Who needs Canada? We are Americans! [:huh:]

It's a good unit and will do everything you need!I have the Magellan meridian yellow myself!If I was buying another unit today I would go after this deal!

http://www.compuplus.com/insidepage.php3/1001727

I actually just bought this from this same place. I got it yesterday, and it's great. The resolution is just fine. I have used a Garmin Vista before and I like the Meridian Gold a lot better. The resolution is very usuable and does not cause any problems.

If you already have a Garmin, it might be easier software-wise to just buy another Garmin, but Direct Route has been working great!

why not get yourself a 60c or 60cs? if you own any garmin software you can use it on the new gps and with the right maps you can autoroute on the garmin also. just fyi garmin's autorouting solution is much more comprehensive in that you can autoroute throughout canada as well as the us. magellans directroute solution only covers the major metro areas of canada and nothing else.

I've been on the edge toward throwing down the money for the 60C, but its just too much money... I've been strong so far <_<

Even being a Magellan guy, I really like the looks and features of the new 60c/60cs. But I agree with Volwrath, it's SO EXPENSIVE! For being able to get a Meridian for so much cheaper than the 60's I would have a very hard time spending that much money on one. With the Traveler deal, mentioned in the link above, if you bought everything separately, excluding the MeriGold, it makes the Merigold VERY cheap. Also, I used Direct Route all day today, and its an amazing program. Found great routes to everywhere I needed to go.

unfortunately the "Magellan Meridian Gps" cannot run DirectRoute... and therein lies the dilemna.

since the yellow/green meridian can't run DR you're looking at the meridian gold traveller package as a minimum (assuming not sportrak family). the price has gone up. now you have a little more thinking to do before dismissing the 60 family.

and speaking of that - people also seem to want the cs model more so than the c. it isn't so long ago that people were not concerned with ecompass and baralti - now with the minimal price difference many people are saying "i want the cs!"... sorry personal rant there <_<

Edited by Vlad