Visiting The Uk In February

:D

We're going to be in England from Feb 11 to 18. We're staying in Bath for two days and London for the rest.

We're going to do some geocaching while we're there.

Anyway, we're new to geocaching, and we're looking for a way to find areas that have a high "cache density." We're also looking for caches that are near -- or in view -- of historic sites.

We haven't booked accommodations yet, so we don't have postal codes to seach with. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance

Lungy Stu.

You can use GeocacheUK's cache search page to find caches in the area. Just enter 'Bath' or 'London' in the 'Town' box.

In the results pages, the links in the 'Name' column will take you to the cache page with our OS grid references written in beside the co-ords, the 'Waypoint' links will take you to the ordinary gc.com cache page, and the 'Grid Ref' links will take you to a streetmap.co.uk map of the area with the cache location shown. Zoom in for a street level map.

You can also click on 'Interactive Map' at the top of the results pages for an excellent map of the UK with clickable cache icons that take you to the cache pages (it requires Flash and can be a little slow to load, but it's worth waiting for).

Edit: Didn't read the post properly!

Edited by Bill D (wwh)
The public transport system isn't the best in the world either but lets not open that can of worms!

MarcB

heather&lungy look to be from California, based on their finds. I'm originally from California, and trust me, in comparison to the public transport system there, the system here is excellent!

I'd suggest no car for the London leg of the trip, and that you might not need one for Bath either. Depends what you want to do while here (apart, of course, from caching.)

heather&lungy look to be from California, based on their finds. I'm originally from California, and trust me, in comparison to the public transport system there, the system here is excellent!

I'd suggest no car for the London leg of the trip, and that you might not need one for Bath either. Depends what you want to do while here (apart, of course, from caching.)

Yup. We're from So California. I was a little apprehensive about the no car thing -- just couldn't get my head around the idea of being somewhere without a car -- then I saw the price of parking (yikes!).

We were planning on no car in London and looking in to a car for Bath.

Our first geocaching day was in Pasadena, CA, and we went to places we'd never been to before -- right in our back yard. Seems like an excellent way to sight-see.

Lungy Stu

Hi,

I would suggest using www.streetmap.co.uk to look at the location. This web site will show you the locaion and the public rights of way, land height and places of intrest.

They use the OS maps. This should make it easyer for you to see a way in to the cache location and any local intresting points.

Regards beasty boys :rolleyes:

Unfortunately Streetmap no longer do the 1:50000 maps online. I suggest you get the paper versions when you are in the UK.

Bristol & Bath OS Landranger 172. You may need the adjoining (east) 173. In london you should get OS Landranger 176 (West London) and maybe OS Landranger 177.

Andy.

Just been Down near Bath myself and there are a few in the ity Centre and a couple to the north, but mus after that will need a car to get to.

There are also a few in the Clifton Area of Bristol, so if you get a bus or train across, then that's an option.

if in London, then Use the Underground Map link above and just buy a day ticket for the Tube.

There is a Cache near Hethrow too that I would love for you to visit as I have a TB there looking to skip the country and the US would be a great start :lol:

Kenny The Hobbit

WT :rolleyes: