The Wife Took The GPSr Away!

I'm interested too. If you could test those boundaries of what a wife will tolerate, it would make my life so much easier.  :)

Well, if its a question of how much time you spend on the computer with geocaching stuff then let me tell you that they will deal with all of the BS. I say they but I guess I can only speak for my own and say that she is very resilient.

Well, I do half of my forum-lurking at work. If I did any more from home, I think she might object :)

Ok, ok....she does object. I can get away with 50 posts a day, but she didn't like me hitting 100 posts the other day

50 posts a day? What is that your limit per site? :):)

Does she know that there is more than one site?

I'm interested too. If you could test those boundaries of what a wife will tolerate, it would make my life so much easier.  :)

Well, if its a question of how much time you spend on the computer with geocaching stuff then let me tell you that they will deal with all of the BS. I say they but I guess I can only speak for my own and say that she is very resilient.

Well, I do half of my forum-lurking at work. If I did any more from home, I think she might object :)

Ok, ok....she does object. I can get away with 50 posts a day, but she didn't like me hitting 100 posts the other day

100 posts a day

hiding presents with coordinates

putting up a gazillion lights...

am I sensing a pattern here??

A couple of years ago the wife mentioned that one of my hobbies was "playing on the computer". Hey whoa, goofing around is one thing and I'll admit to it, but meeting people from around the world and sharing common interests is another thing altogether. I may be sitting in front of a screen in rural Iowa but I have found plently of doors worth opening.

Edit: Okay before we go off into my life, I involved my wife and although she doesn't geocache at least she knows I ain't just playing some silly game.

This isn't just some game, right?

Edited by TeamX40
Make up a chart called WARNINGS and several boxes below it....

Hang it on the fridge and every time Saxy is bad,  moderate him!!!  :)

This thread is supposed to be about helping me, she doesn't need any ideas!

We are helping you!

Its called an INTERVENTION!!

You are in denial! :)

I'd like a second opinion, Doc!

Okay, your ugly too! :)

LOL!!! I couldn't resist that one!!

Disclaimer: The above is not a personal attack so take your moderating eyes elsewhere!

I just saw the house on the right. Our neighborhood used to be big into lights. Any more there are not so many kids, not so mant lights, but you could still read a paper outside right now.

We're waiting for the after Christmas sales to buy lights for the new (much bigger) house.

You know your in trouble when you start pricing a temporary 100 amp service. :)

I just saw the house on the right. Our neighborhood used to be big into lights. Any more there are not so many kids, not so mant lights,  but you could still read a paper outside right now.

We're waiting for the after Christmas sales to buy lights for the new (much bigger) house.

Home Depot has them for 75% off right now...that's 40 cents for a box of 100!

You know your in trouble when you start pricing a temporary 100 amp service. :)

How did you know I was going to do that?

I have amazing powers of perception.

You think %75 is good, wait til the 26th. They practicaly pay you to take the stuff away. After the first year in our house (two strings of lights and a fake garland on the mail box) we hit Kame apart. Next year, planes were diverting from thier flight path. :)

I have amazing powers of perception.

You think %75 is good, wait til the 26th. They practicaly pay you to take the stuff away. After the first year in our house (two strings of lights and a fake garland on the mail box) we hit Kame apart. Next year, planes were diverting from thier flight path. :)

Do you have any pics of your place?

I usually do a pretty good job of lighting up my half of the block, but this year I can't do anything due to a bulging disc in my neck, and a possibly herniated disc in my back. I think I'm doing good to get from the couch to the computer. I miss my Christmas lights......<sniffle>.......

EDIT: And besides, with all the pain meds I'm on, I probably shouldn't be getting up on any ladders, either!

Edited by Sparky-Watts
I usually do a pretty good job of lighting up my half of the block, but this year I can't do anything due to a bulging disc in my neck, and a possibly herniated disc in my back. I think I'm doing good to get from the couch to the computer. I miss my Christmas lights......<sniffle>.......

I hear that you lit up the ER a few years ago, you sure you want to mess with rinning wires all over your house and yard? :)

I usually do a pretty good job of lighting up my half of the block, but this year I can't do anything due to a bulging disc in my neck, and a possibly herniated disc in my back.  I think I'm doing good to get from the couch to the computer.  I miss my Christmas lights......<sniffle>.......

I hear that you lit up the ER a few years ago, you sure you want to mess with rinning wires all over your house and yard? :)

I save on electricity. I don't have to plug them in, I just stand there and hold the end of the wire! :)

I usually do a pretty good job of lighting up my half of the block, but this year I can't do anything due to a bulging disc in my neck, and a possibly herniated disc in my back.  I think I'm doing good to get from the couch to the computer.  I miss my Christmas lights......<sniffle>.......

I save on electricity. I don't have to plug them in, I just stand there and hold the end of the wire! :)

Maybe I can hire you next year. I'll even pay to rent your GPSr in case the wife takes mine again! :)

Here sparky -

Hold this defibrillator! Pay no attention to the water on the floor! :)

Hold this defibrillator! Pay no attention to the water on the floor! :)

While I was a paramedic student, a buddy and I did a series of video sketches using defibrillators and CPR mannequins. Usually the sight gag was the paramedic reaching for the paddles, and one being missing. Different scenes showed it being used as an iron by a housewife, a bacon press, a telephone, etc. Or once we filmed a code practice on a dummy, then later showed the dummy being wheeled back into the house in a wheelchair to be greeted by the rest of the CPR mannequin family. Won ourselves an award at the Graduation Ceremony!

Off-topic? Yeah, so, here we go, back on topic: Hope you get your GPSr back soon! :)

Hold this defibrillator!  Pay no attention to the water on the floor!  :)

While I was a paramedic student, a buddy and I did a series of video sketches using defibrillators and CPR mannequins. Usually the sight gag was the paramedic reaching for the paddles, and one being missing. Different scenes showed it being used as an iron by a housewife, a bacon press, a telephone, etc. Or once we filmed a code practice on a dummy, then later showed the dummy being wheeled back into the house in a wheelchair to be greeted by the rest of the CPR mannequin family. Won ourselves an award at the Graduation Ceremony!

Off-topic? Yeah, so, here we go, back on topic: Hope you get your GPSr back soon! :)

At one point in my life I worked for a company that made de-fib training torsos. Just the body no head, arms, and nothing below the waist. The plastic was a very nice Smurf blue color. In-house we refered to the product as Smurfs. I'm not sure how but I think this might bring your story on topic.

At one point in my life I worked for a company that made de-fib training torsos. Just the body no head, arms, and nothing below the waist. The plastic was a very nice Smurf blue color. In-house we refered to the product as Smurfs. I'm not sure how but I think this might bring your story on topic.

I don't understand, what's that got to do with my GPSr? :)

At one point in my life I worked for a company that made de-fib training torsos. Just the body no head, arms, and nothing below the waist.  The plastic was a very nice Smurf blue color. In-house we refered to the product as Smurfs. I'm not sure how but I think this might bring your story on topic.

I don't understand, what's that got to do with my GPSr? :)

Well let see...

You are kinda smurfy...

some of that may have rubbed off on your GPS...

Uh.. its gets less clear from there....

I wasen't sure but Sparkeys de-fib story and your avatar made me think about it. I was thinking somebody would bring it all together. :)

Edit: We got to de-fib the smurf's many many times for testing purposes, great fun.

BTW No Light pictures of my house this year, no kids at home so we only put up 10 or 12 strings.

Edited by rusty_tlc
BTW No Light pictures of my house this year, no kids at home so we only put up 10  or 12 strings.

Wow, I put up more than that on just the garage!

We're moving to a new neighborhood that has lots of kids so next year we will do it right. I had the electrician wire extra outlets just for Christmas. :)

BTW No Light pictures of my house this year, no kids at home so we only put up 10  or 12 strings.

We're moving to a new neighborhood that has lots of kids so next year we will do it right. I had the electrician wire extra outlets just for Christmas. :)

I'll be hiring an electrician for that too.

The wife better not hide the credit cards then...

Thats the nice thing about building a house, you just add all the extras into the mortage. No plastic needed.

Edit: spelling, like I could on a dare.

Edited by rusty_tlc

Thats the nice thing about building a house, you just add all the extras into the mortage. No plastic needed.

Edit: spelling, like I could on a dare.

We might be buying a new house next summer. I'll have outlets installed in the eaves when it's being built. I'll also have a couple of extra breakers put in. Let's see the wife hide those! :)

Also start to consider lighting up for other holidays. I always thought July 4th would make a great light holiday. I tried to do lights for Holloween one year but all you saw was orange. The ones I paint'd black didn't show up. :mad:

Edit: was to saw

Edited by rusty_tlc
Also start to consider lighting up for other holidays. I always thought July 4th would make a great light holiday. I tried to do lights for Holloween one year but all you saw was orange. The ones I paint'd black didn't show up. :mad:

You can buy blacklight minis around Halloween. They appear purple when lit, but make white objects glow. Neat stuff, I'll have to pick some up next year.

I did put up orange and blue lights (Go Broncos!) for Halloween this year, but we ended up being out of town, so they didn't get turned on. Last year I decorated with green lights. It looked pretty spooky. I'll have more stuff up for Halloween next year, but it won't even come close to the 20,000 lights I'll have at Christmas.

You can buy blacklight minis around Halloween. They appear purple when lit, but make white objects glow. Neat stuff, I'll have to pick some up next year.

I did put up orange and blue lights (Go Broncos!) for Halloween this year, but we ended up being out of town, so they didn't get turned on. Last year I decorated with green lights. It looked pretty spooky. I'll have more stuff up for Halloween next year, but it won't even come close to the 20,000 lights I'll have at Christmas.

Who is your electric provider??

I need to buy some stock in them...

BTW a real man would put up 20,000 lights for halloween! :D

Make up a chart called WARNINGS and several boxes below it....

Hang it on the fridge and every time Saxy is bad,  moderate him!!!  :D

Actually that isn't such a bad idea. I may have to try that. When h?e reaches the 100% warn spot should I take away the GPS?

Ummmm....I thought that was what this thread was about.....didn't you already do that? :mad: