Batteris Drained

Sewer Rat

That sounds like an awful fast drain on the bats.....I'd definitely have it checked out! I don't have the Rhino, but know someone who does....don't recall them mentioning that problem. Stick around here in the thread for a bit, because we definitely have an audience of experts that will certainly help you out! Good luck, and Happy Geocaching!

;) i just got a new rino 120 and withen 20 min it used 3 brand new double a batteris so when i woke up this morning i put 3 more in turned it on and it said they were low then 5 min later it blanked out cause of low batt ????????any ideas

That is just not right!

I use 2000MaH NiMH recharables in my Rino 120 with fairly decent battery life of 12 to 15 hours. I almost always leave the light off, turning it on could cause what you describe. Also, if I don't need the radio, I turn it off giving me a couple hours more time.

If you had a Digital Voltmeter, and the know-how, you can measure the GPS without the batteries(ohmeter), and with the batteries installed(Voltmeter, and ammeter(current measurement)).

Make a little strip of cardboard about the width of a AA battery,

then glue on a smaller strip of aluminum foil on each side of the cardboard strip.

Put in the batteries while sticking the cardboard strip between a battery and a battery spring clip. Now put the Voltmeter on a current scale, and put the measuring probes on the foil strips, check for current drain, and then have somebody press the pwr button on the GPS while you have the probes touching the foil strips. If the current is high, return the unit for repair.

Edited by GOT GPS?