Geocaching Membership Renewal

El Diablo

If I renew by PayPal a couple of weeks early is the system smart enough to apply the renewal at the end of my curent subscribtion or should I wait and do it on the exact day?

Note that I do not have PayPal setup to automatically renew my membership. I hope geocaching.com has it's own credit card setup done in time for next year.

If I renew by PayPal a couple of weeks early is the system smart enough to apply the renewal at the end of my curent subscribtion or should I wait and do it on the exact day?

It appends a year on to whatever you have left.

Note that I do not have PayPal setup to automatically renew my membership.  I hope geocaching.com has it's own credit card setup done in time for next year.

Man, I hope so.

uggh, can't be doing with paypal, I'll just have to wait till you get your own credit card facilities before I sign up.

PS, if it's any help, I for one would be fine with only being able to sign up annually by C/Card, to keep those charges down for ya.

I don't trust paypal either. Geocaching.com lets you mail in a check, which is what I did. Snail mail still works.

Geocaching.com lets you mail in a check, which is what I did. Snail mail still works.

Purchasing a international money order (i.e. kind of a check which can be cashed in the US) here in Finland costs up from $14 or so. I wouldn't pay that much extra for using old fashioned payment methods. :lol:

I agree. Sending a cheque or money order is a hassle and costs too much. I tried once again last night to get my premium membership, but Paypal will not accept an American Express Corporate card. I called AMEX and they said that Paypal was not considered a business related expense and as such they refuse to allow me to use the card there.

Jeremy, why can't we just call GC directly and use a credit card? What's the problem with this?????? I want to sign up and be a premium member and refuse to pay cheque or money order fees. I also want it renewed annually. Can you do something about this????????????

Jeremy, why can't we just call GC directly and use a credit card? What's the problem with this??????

Because we work out of a basement? :lol: Unfortunately we can't afford to have an operator on standby to take your order. We also don't have the equipment or merchant account to take credit cards.

Jeremy, why can't we just call GC directly and use a credit card? What's the problem with this??????

Because we work out of a basement? :lol: Unfortunately we can't afford to have an operator on standby to take your order. We also don't have the equipment or merchant account to take credit cards.

Could it not be set up so that we can call and IF there is someone there (I'm sure there usually is) then they could take the information? I'm also sure it can't be too hard to get setup with a merchant number and the equipment needed to do this.

Another suggestion. Not sure how it works in the States, but here in Canada we can pay most things through our online bank account. I wonder if you could be set up there?

I currently signed up for the pay monthly trial just to see what these pocket queries were like. I now habve a query for one's near home, on near the office and one near my parents and another for found. Seeing as though the dollar is really poor/great against the pound right now I want to go to the year option. Will this get appended to the end of my current month?

It would be nice if there were some indication of when your membership expires on the "my cache page" or in the "change your account" page.

Would this be possible? It could help if the notification e-mails are not received or are never sent....

Hmmm, I got an idea. At a lot of places on the internet can you buy stuff directly from the website. I heard a while ago about some kind of "internet shopping mall hotel", and I wonder if it would be expensive for you, and if it would be possible to do it like shopping items on the internet - instead you are shopping a virtual item - the membership.

AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!! :)

Because we had to cancel our main credit card (my wife entered the number in one of those scammer e-mails) I went to PayPal to change the credit card to a safe one.

PayPal then automatically cancelled my subscription to Groundspeak as a charter member.

Is there any whay for y'all to reinstate it?

Or do I somehow have to sign up again?

Sign me,

Confused (and really ticked off at PayPal) in Missouri.

Dusty Jacket,

Not to worry, your membership is not canceled and your expiration date did not change. The notice paypal sends you is slightly misleading, since we do not cancel the memberships on our end when credit card info changes.

The only change is if your membership was auto-renewing it will not renew again. You will have to sign up for another renewing membership before your expiration date. You should receive the 30 day and the 15 day notice, or you can check your paypal history to find out when you created the subscription last year and you will know your expiration date.