Bad Ideas For Cache Containers.

rusty_tlc

I was at the army surplus store today and spotted these neat plastic containers for cheep, something like .29 each or 4/$. They were a good size 2" diameter and 3" tall, and I started thinking mini cache.They looked kind of familiar but I didn't know why. Looking into the box a saw a couple in the original packaging.

Turns out they were specimien cups, on closer inspection I saw it was imprinted in the plastic lid. Sure am glad I didn't put a bunch out as caches. :P

Anybody else ever have any really rotten idea for a cache container that sounded good at the time?

We were out hiding a cache once and discovered the perfect container. Totally fit into it's environment, a camoflague only nature could have come up with. Only thing was the maggots crawling out of it's eyes were kinda disgusting. After deciding not to place the cache in the hollow between the ribs, we moved on to a better idea.

Here goes: Go to a taxidermy shop. Ask if they can create a real looking rabbit. With a hollow interior. Make sure the cache seals really well and can withstand the local carnivores. I was pricing the idea out when we came to our senses and just went hiking.

Only slightly kidding. The maggots werea plus since only a dedicated cacher would have gone ahead and reached in there. We were guessing that leakage would becoma a problem over time.

-Jennifer

Think again J5... Drug testing is not as commonplace, but it exists. Trust me, I know first hand. (BTW- I passed)

Anyway, I think the specimen cups are a great idea.

Okay so now I'm doing a double reversal.

Hey look at these cool containers!

Oh Yuck thier specimen cups!

Hey somebody thinks its a cool idea!

:):bad::P

Edited by rusty_tlc
We were out hiding a cache once and discovered the perfect container.  Totally fit into it's environment, a camoflague only nature could have come up with.  Only thing was the maggots crawling out of it's eyes were kinda disgusting.  After deciding not to place the cache in the hollow between the ribs, we moved on to a better idea.

Here goes:  Go to a taxidermy shop.  Ask if they can create a real looking rabbit.  With a hollow interior.  Make sure the cache seals really well and can withstand the local carnivores.  I was pricing the idea out when we came to our senses and just went hiking.

Only slightly kidding.  The maggots werea plus since only a dedicated cacher would have gone ahead and reached in there.  We were guessing that leakage would becoma a problem over time.

-Jennifer

Lots of duck hunters around here, I actualy considered a duck decoy cache.

I got that far away look in my eye when I saw fake coyotes and bobcats around the pond down the street. They were trying to keep geese away, the geese were using the coyote for shade. :P

drug testing for employment is not permitted in Canada because we are 'glorious and free'

My boyfriend called me a fascist the other day because I said that while I understood his principles on the matter, I wasn't particularly upset that his son's possible future school requires drug testing in order to go off campus for lunch. In fact , I supported it, not because his son is a concern, but because I figured others were. OT. Sorry! :P

rusty_tlc wrote:

...or maybe "Condition of Employment".

Or "Not in Canada, eh?"

(drug testing for employment is not permitted in Canada because we are 'glorious and free')

Sorry, for at least 3 yrs now Canadian truck drivers working for companies that run into the U.S. are subject to the random "whiz quiz".

Lots of duck hunters around here, I actualy considered a duck decoy cache.

I ran into one of those at a cache event I attended. Hehe.

How did it work? I'm always looking for ideas for event caches. :(

It was great. I was within like 10 feet of it, it was just there floating and I didn't give it a second thought about being a cache. Someone ended up pointing it out to me as the cache we were looking for.

I was at the army surplus store today and spotted these neat plastic containers for cheep, something like .29 each or 4/$. They were a good size 2" diameter and 3" tall, and I started thinking mini cache.They looked kind of familiar but I didn't know why. Looking into the box a saw a couple in the original packaging.

Turns out they were specimien cups, on closer inspection I saw it was imprinted in the plastic lid. Sure am glad I didn't put a bunch out as caches. :(

Anybody else ever have any really rotten idea for a cache container that sounded good at the time?

During Hurrican Floyd I was assigned to a NDMS Disaster Mortician Team. After a couple of weeks the team members were tired and burnt-out. At the wind-down party every drink of punch was served in a specimin glass. Why specimin glasses were part of a DMORT's supply cache is a mystery to me.