Caching Karma Stick

4agers

Jerry... Thanks for the help creating the stick and and doing the first handoff! I now transfer some 4ager Karma to you. :)

rldill... Thanks for helping and I hope to have a progress report on how well it feels in the hand :)

djs_111... Can't wait to see the handoff! There are others in VA that are willing to help. Namely Crazy Cache, Cacheola Crew, and pstar.

First Handoff

4a106daa-a030-4b43-b370-174b1e22fb36.jpg

rldill... Thanks for moving the stick along and hitting so many caches with it. He almost lost his life last weekend... well maybe that is an exageration but he could of if he didn't have the Karma Stick with him :huh:

I now transfer some 4ager Karma to you. B)

dgs_111... Thanks for taking up the challenge and it was very cool that you coordinated with the new cache. I can't wait to see the pic of the handoff.

Movin, Movin, Movin... keep that stick a movin :ph34r:

djs_111... Big thanks for moving the stick along. I can't believe the milage you put on it! You brought it over 1600 miles! We've also really enjoyed reading your logs and following it and your travels. We now transfer some 4ager Karma to you.

CCCooperAgency... Thanks for taking part in the fun. I'm sure that the Karma stick is in for one heck of a ride now! May your step be sure and gps true.

If you haven't already check out all the great pictures that have been posted to the TB page... very cool.

Edited by 4agers
That staff is going to be worn down to a nub before you get it! :P Just teasing, it's built to travel.

It's a lot of fun watching it a long it's way. A few others have inquired about getting one for their selves. You might have started something.

El Diablo

Cool! I can tell you we have had a blast watching its travels. We've also picked up some pretty cool stories via Email too! Turns out this has been a great way to get aquainted with other cachers.

I hope other do start doing it... I know I would love to help another stick on its way.

That staff is going to be worn down to a nub before you get it! :D Just teasing, it's built to travel.

It's a lot of fun watching it a long it's way. A few others have inquired about getting one for their selves. You might have started something.

El Diablo

That's what I'm considering, as soon as you get my rod finished. How long is that going to take?

I heard from CCCooperAgency this morning. We had been talking about a roadtrip so that the Caching Karma Stick could be passed off to The Leprechauns this weekend in Pittsburgh. But, the plans fell through and it looks like good karma will be spread around Eastern PA for awhile longer. You can easily view the hiking staff and soak up some karma if you log the correct geocache (hint, hint).

Eventually the stick will find its way over to Western PA, either through a future CCCooperAgency or Leprechauns roadtrip, or via an intermediary, one of our buddies in Central Pennsylvania.

Update:

I just wanted to bring everyone up to date on the stick. It has really soaked up the Karma and has been in and out of the hands a great deal of cachers thanks to CCCooper Agency! You really need to check out all the logs and fun that has been had around the stick. It just goes to confirm that that Geocachers are a lot of fun.

The final handoff:

We are planning the final hand-off to be on April 17th. I'm putting an event cache around it and will try to get the stick to soak up as much Karma as possible before it hits the hands of Team 4agers. As soon as I iron out all the details I will post. The event cache will focus on caching, so hopefully we can all get a few caches and enjoy each others company.

The pictures:

I'm thinking about linking most of the pictures of the stick in this thread... or would that be rude to people with low-bandwidth?

Eventually the stick will find its way over to Western PA, either through a future CCCooperAgency or Leprechauns roadtrip, or via an intermediary, one of our buddies in Central Pennsylvania.

I sure hope you can get your hands on the stick or come out to the final hand-off. I would love hear tales of your legendary exploits first hand.

Oh yeah, happy St. Patties day :lol:

The final handoff:

We are planning the final hand-off to be on April 17th.  I'm putting an event cache around it and will try to get the stick to soak up as much Karma as possible before it hits the hands of Team 4agers.  As soon as I iron out all the details I will post.  The event cache will focus on caching, so hopefully we can all get a few caches and enjoy each others company.

April 17th is International CITO day. You'd be competing with numerous events, including the one I'll be attending in Western PA and another 2 or 3 in Ohio, that have been set up for the purpose of trash pickup instead of geocaching.

EDIT: I see now that the Northeast Ohio CITO Event is on May 1st. So for cachers in your area, there wouldn't be a conflict. But cachers in Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Erie and State College will all be filling trash bags that day. Another way to generate good karma!

Edited by The Leprechauns
I see now that the Northeast Ohio CITO Event is on May 1st. So for cachers in your area, there wouldn't be a conflict. But cachers in Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Erie and State College will all be filling trash bags that day. Another way to generate good karma!

Hmmmmm... there are several folks from those directions that I hope not to compete with. Maybe the best thing is to simply meet at a PA CITO event for the final exchange. I will have to rethink this tonight when I get home and all these people quit bothering about work :lol:

Well folks... the stick has made it home in style. Many folks got together at the Karma Convergence... did a whole bunch of caching and the stick was finally handed off to team 4agers.

I want to thank everyone that helped the stick on its journey. It was very cool that so many people went out of their way to see it and have their picture taken with it. A LOT of karma was rubbed off. Geocachers are the best! El Diablo... the craftsmanship on the stick is top notch.

It looks like the the Karma stick may be off to some other journeys in the near future! Yep, my brother will probably be taking it to China with him. It may go on a few other trips with some other Geocachers as well.

bf5f8668-601c-44cd-893c-3fc82203b48e.jpg

Everyone at the Karma Convergence

e4c60fd0-4071-46c6-8779-e175bbcdf4e9.jpg

The official handoff!

1b48aad3-660a-42b0-a6c5-9c3dded8b151.jpg

Team 4agers is so happy!

Ed & the other 3 4agers,

Glad you got your stick...it's been a blast caching, carrying, & watching the CKS make it's way to you!

El Diablo,

Just based on the time I had the stick I can say that your orders are going to increase beacuse of Ed's TB journey. I hope to place an order or two before the end of the year.

When last I saw the stick it had the following sigs:

rldill & JOJO

djs_111(me)

& CC Cooper Agency