What would you leave ?

Team Banzai is off to do some Human Powered Vehicle research in the Sierra Tramuntanas, Mallorca at the end of the month.

While there we will also be hunting two unfound caches located on the Island, in an attempt to become a Bi-hemispherical cacher (all will be logged, in the Log book and online icon_wink.gif).

If successful we maybe the only American Geocaches to find these caches, if it was you, what would you leave in the cache?

BB

47502_500.jpg

If is not one thing, then it's another...

quote:
Where is "Sierra Tramuntanas, Mallorca" never heard of it.

You've got to be kidding. It's the island off of the east coast of Spain! I thought everyone knew that. icon_wink.gif

Actually, after a google search and some poking around I figured out which country it was in and looked at the two caches. One couldn't be found by the only tourist (from Germany) whose logged in and that same tourist placed the other.

If it were me, I would be sure to take an American Flag of some fashion (banner, lapel pin, magnet, t-shirt, etc...)

I like the TB idea too.

quote:
One couldn't be found by the only tourist (from Germany) whose logged in

I had emailed the cache owner and he has let me know that the cache was still there was ok when he last check on it April 3rd.

I like the Travel Bug Idea, and am now thinging of two bugs one in each cache. I would like them to be a team (like Tom and Jerry, Ricky and Lucy, something very American), that would travel separately back on their way back to Noth America and then be reunited when back in the US.

Any suggestions for the Away Team?

quote:
If it were me, I would be sure to take an American Flag of some fashion (banner, lapel pin, magnet, t-shirt, etc...)

I will be talking two US Flag decals, as well. I got these while doing a bike race the weekend after 9/11. They where given to the racers to show support and solidarity for/with the victims.

So I will be placing them there for that reason as well.

47502_500.jpg

There's a good chance that the 2 TB's will be taken by the same finder. I guess this is pretty obvious, but either encouraging the finder to only take one, or at least coax them in different directions might be a good idea.

Have fun.

BTW: Is the HPV function a race? Are you going to be involved? Good luck (if appropriate icon_wink.gif )

I tried doing a google search, and it came back with no results, other wise I wouldn't have asked as I hate admitting when I don't know something....I prefer to let my ignorance be shown the old fashioned way, by making a fool of myself. icon_wink.gif

ummmm....not sure what to say here....so ummm, well errrr, uhhhh, well I guess that's it.

"Not that there's anything wrong... with that "

BB obviously watches too much Sienfeld icon_smile.gif

quote:
BTW: Is the HPV function a race? Are you going to be involved? Good luck (if appropriate icon_wink.gif )

pdxmarathonman,

No racing this time, just training and equipment testing. I've committed to doing a long Mountain time trail (100 miles with 11,000 ft of climbing)and I need to test out some new equipment. Mallorca provides some very nice long climbs that are not too step, only 5 to 8 Percent for a few miles at a time . Great weather, very low car traffic with very cycling friendly drivers, and some great historal sites to explore. They also have their own local Wine too!

47502_500.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Buckaroo Banzai:

if it was you, what would you leave in the cache?_

I'd leave a copy of Patrick O'Brian's MASTER AND COMMANDER tagged with a Bookcrossings label. Most of the action in the book takes place by a 18th century sloop sailing out of Mallorca. I believe the author visited the Island and his descriptions of the town and countryside are historically accurate.

If anyone likes historical action oriented nautical fiction you can't go wrong with any of the O'Brian books.

MASTER AND COMMANDER (at Amazon.com)

--- yrium ---

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

American? Some type of Coke Relic for your travel bug. That's very american and very known. But it lacks a team mate. Does Micky Mouse drink Coke? Probably not, But he does come with Minnie, or Goofy, or Donald Duck.

Then there is Gumby and Poky, but those are hard to find and maybe not so known outside this country.

If you want to leave something truly American, I suggest a genuine McDonald's Happy Meal toy. icon_wink.gif

25021_1200.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Buckaroo Banzai:

Team Banzai is off to do some Human Powered Vehicle research in the Sierra Tramuntanas, Mallorca at the end of the month.

BB... "Human Powered Vehicle," does that mean bicycle... or some other top secret machine? As you can see by my profile, I am a person interested in HPV's, although up to this point, my experience in limited to bikes and canoes.

quote:
Originally posted by Bassoon Pilot:

Hmmm . . . perhaps "mono"hemispherical.

Yeah... I like that better.

Jamie

Jamie Z,

Not to get to off topic but...

While it is not one of the top secret machine from the Banzai Institute, we do when to keep it under wraps for now. It is a road racing bicycle. Keeping with tradition, it was build in the Institute's garage this winter from some left over bits of Aluminum Alloy, carbon fiber, and titanium.

Kidding aside, it's a Klein Quantum Race frame and a mix of ulta-light weight components to bring the bike in at sub 16 lbs. One sweet bike... I'll be testing out diffrent gearing, wheelsets, and tires with a bootcamp type coach.

BB

47502_500.jpg

If it's not one thing, then it's another...