How long should it take for the first fond of a cache?

I'd say leave it and place another one. The tougher caches will go a long time between finds. If you thought it was a great spot when you placed it, that hasn't changed, has it?

I also agree with CB's. Check on it to make sure its still there. People are often reluctant to search for a cache that has a lot of not founds.

If you post a note on the page verifying that its there, you might get some more bites.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

well, i've seen the area firsthand. crashco and i dashed out the door to try our hand at it when it was still new, which involved a number of hours of driving.

it will be a long time before i try again, and you have to understand that i'm perfectly happy to come home bruised and bleeding.

i'm kind of claustrophobic though, and i get nervous when i have to really push through dense scratchy brush; there wasn't even room to stand up much of the time. it was one of the more traumatic short hikes i've been on.

by the same token, if you're pretty sure the container is still there, leave it. someone will get a kick out of being there first.

not me, probably. and you have to understand that i am willing to drive over ice to get these things. i have been standing ankle-deep in moose urine while looking. but leave it.

besides, it's not like people will get this one on their way to somewhere, because it's not on the way to ANYTHING. nobody drops by casually. you have to have intent.

sooner or later somebody will find it. i'm betting on later, but whoever it is will be tickled pink, you wait and see.

-====)) -))))))))))))

presta schrader

Still, if I see a cache with 4 no finds, I'd probably wait until either someone finds it or the cache owner verifies it is still there.

I suggest you verify it is still there and post a note on the cache page. As it is now, some potential hunters may be skittish about going for it.

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes

On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:

"Something hidden. Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --

"Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling , The Explorer 1898