Anyone Got a cache site that is visable from thier house?

There is a cache i can see from my house. Its not mine. In fact I didn't even know that the hill it is on was a part of the state forest, but apparently it is, which is a cool thing. When I found the cache, I could see my house from the site. Made for an interesting log.

i don't think the folks up there will go for a cache on their land. they don't mind everybody hiking there in cold weather, but in summer they like to go nude and they don't like company.

it doesn't matter if you get to camp at one or at six. dinner is still at six.

I can look out my front window and see this one.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=10741

And a waypoint for this one can been seen also.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=42606

And with a spotting scope or binoculars I can see where the approximate location of this one is.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=10494

And their is plans to put another one up there.

Tahosa - Dweller of the Mountain Tops.

This one is about 1/10 of a mile from where I live. I can't actually see the cache from my place, but I can see the "suggested parking" area. I have yet to catch anyone in the act. icon_smile.gif

Mr. 0

"Remember that nature and the elements are neither your friend or your enemy - they are actually disinterested."

Department of the Army Field Manual FM 21-76 "Survival" Oct. 1970

I just placed a cache this week called

Fishbowl

This cache is very visible from my office window along with about 100 other windows. In fact, if you read the description, that's the whole point of the cache: find it without being noticed. I don't want to drive cachers to a location near my home, but I don't care if they come by the office!

One of my caches, Welcome to My World, involves a stop at my place of employment. It's been a great way to meet new geocachers (and a good excuse to hang out with friends who also happen to be geocachers). And while I can see at least part of the cache from where I sit, contrary to popular belief I do not spy on people as they hunt for it! icon_cool.gif

~Zhanna~

I had one that was lodged in the fence around my backyard for about a year and a half. I removed it when I moved out of the house, but sure met some great people that way. There is a park behind that house that allowed public access, although the access was pretty tricky to find. I had a dog in the backyard who was a very good alert system whenever anyone would come to the cache. Some days I would come home from work, and my wife would tell me she saw a car circling our block slowly earlier that day, then heard Ben (the dog) barking at something...then I would look at the website, and almost without fail, there would be an entry. If I was home, I would go out and spy on the people, and take their picture if I could manage it. Lots of fun. If you have a good spot for such a cache, I recommend it.

bunkerdave

6327_1600.gif

I just placed a cache by my work so that I can look out and watch everyone go madly insane as they try to find my highly urban camoflauge container! Close to something I had brought up before to the forums!

Darkmoon icon_biggrin.gif

All you have to do to fly is throw yourself at the ground and miss!