What are the most Unique Cache's out there?

I'm trying to come up with some unique and interesting ideas for hiding a cache so I thought I'd see if anyone has any good examples of some unique Cache Ideas. Anything? There's bound to be some neat ideas out there. I know that there are different kinds of caches but I think there's other possibilities out there that aren't yet discovered. Even if it's spicing up the standard cache to make it a little more interesting, challenging, exciting, whatever.

www.larsenfamily.com

family@larsenfamily.com

Just last week I released the Rock that Rolls. It's a moving cache disguised as a rock. It matches the local geology quite well and fits in anywhere. It's been placed in parking lots, greenbelts, near sidewalks in plain sight, etc. Makes for some interesting caching. It started across the street from my house just a couple feet from a sidewalk right in front of a school. It's so unremarkable that every kid that walked past ignored it. That was my test. I knew that if anyone was gonna pick it out it would be a kid. They notice everything at ground level. I was able to keep an eye on it and even see the first cacher grab it.

Another fun thing about it is a cacher can find it more than once and claim finds every time as its position changes. I can even go out caching for it and claim legit finds. In just the week since I placed it it's moved over 60 miles all around town. Some cachers have said they're gonna place it in other cacher's yards. Wouldn't that be a surprise, waking up and seeing on your nearest cache page that the nearest cache is 36 feet away?

The Bohican

--

Welcome to nowhere.nu. Now go home!

quote:
Originally posted by bitbrain:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=42009 one may be unusual. George may even be interested in it since he http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000917383&m=2650918235&r=9680988235#9680988235 it in http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000917383&m=2650918235&r=9680988235#9680988235

Man, I'm just good. But seriously, I read about it somewhere else. There was a full web site dedicated to rocks that had been carved and left places.

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

Take a look at this one. It involves a magic trick with the 'reveal' at the final coordinates. I suppose with some creativity, you could make another one like this to suit your taste. Read some of the logs to see people's opinions upon finding this one.

stealyourcache.gif Half my life is spent explaining to Christians why I am a deadhead. The other half is spent explaining to deadheads why I am a Christian. -Dru Morgan

The Ionian Tusk of the Daywalker is a musical one with a vampire twist, you have to pick the coordinates out of a guitar melody in an accompanying MP3 file.

Mr. Bones Aerial cache uses a zoomable online aerial photo map of the city to find the cache location.

Flying Saucer down - UFO Crash site features a UFO caught on radar that disappears in the forest. You use the last known direction and speed to find the cache.

The Enigma uses a java version of the German Enigma to decypher the directions to the cache.

quote:
Originally posted by Zartimus:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=25462 features a UFO caught on radar that disappears in the forest. You use the last known direction and speed to find the cache.

I like this one. Nice set up with the photos and story line. It's a little easier than this one but much prettier.

Black Box

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

Nice set up with the photos and story line.

It was fun making the UFO, It's two garbage can lids bolted together over two PVC tubes (for engines). Someday I'll get off my butt and post some "The making of pics". Two weeks before the cache went out there was a UFO sighting in the area of downtown Ottawa. I'm pretty sure it was a balloon, but hey the Hype was up!