Can I log a visit to a Virtual Cache by a proxy?

Hi,

A friend of mine lives very close to a Virtual Cache and I wondered if it would valid to get her to visit the cache and get the answers to the questions which I would then log. It is 400 miles away from here, so a long way for me to go in person.

Dogastus.

First, as BrianSnat asks, Why would you want to? The whole point of a virtual cache is for you to visit someplace interesting.

If you and your friend formed a geocaching "team" under a single account, then sure, why not.

If the cache page specifically states this would be OK, or if you email the owner of the cache and they say it's OK, then go ahead. (There are a few virtuals set up to be done remotely.)

Otherwise, no.

I've deleted logs from my virtuals when I found out the cacher didn't actually visit the site.

Why not just wait until you have an opportunity to visit your friend, then visit the site yourself?

web-lingbutton.gif ntga_button.gif

quote:
Originally posted by dogastus:

Hi,

A friend of mine lives very close to a Virtual Cache and I wondered if it would valid to get her to visit the cache and get the answers to the questions which I would then log. It is 400 miles away from here, so a long way for me to go in person.

Hey, you're probably not far from the Trescore and then cache. Would you mind finding it for me, and writing my name in the book so I can log it? It's 4,579 miles away from here, so a long way for me to go in person. Thanks!

3608_2800.gif

"Don't mess with a geocacher. We know all the best places to hide a body."