lost or plunderd cache

If i go looking for a cache, that looks to be a good cache, as per the logs, and I can't find it, then come home to log it as not found, and watch it on line, to see if someone else finds it, then after several unsuccessfull posts it is arcived, is it *geo correct* to remove it frome my not found list. The cache in question is GCD690.

Love many, trust few ,always paddle your own canoe.

It's your count, and your decision. I like leaving my own "not founds" as a history of my trips. Regardless of whether I found it or not, at least I was there. That counts for something in my book.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location™

I never log my no inds unless I think it's gone.....am I wrong for doing that??? And am I the only person doing that?

migo_sig_logo.jpg

"If we don't succeed we run the risk of failure."

- Dan Quayle

"Si nous ne r?ussissons pas nous courons le risque d'?chec."

- Dan Quayle (If he was French!) [Those crazy French!]

English: Radman Version 2.0

Spanish Versi?n 2,0 De Radman

Portuguese: Vers?o 2,0 De Radman

Italian: Versione 2,0 Di Radman

quote:

I never log my no (f)inds unless I think it's gone.....am I wrong for doing that??? And am I the only person doing that?

If I set out to find a cache and don't, it's a Not Found to me. My criterion is if I punch in the coords, hit Go To and don't find the cache, it's a Not Found. It doesn't matter whether the cache was stolen, I could't find a parking spot, I abandoned the search because of the weather, or whatever reason, or I simply couldn't find the cache.

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues" -Abraham Lincoln

Not Founds are all part of geocaching if its there or not, it's still a Not Found. I still tell a story just like I would if I did find it.

I was in IL the last three days and the first 2 caches I hunted for were missing and what a shame, because I took my mom on her first cache hunt and even though we didn't find it she had a very good time. On the way back we stopped just outside of Springfield MO to do one and we found it now she wants to go with me for some more caching.

http://www.mokancachers.com

-Does anyone have some cache on them?-

I mark it as not found if I actually search for it.

In some cases, as I drove by the area, a cub scout troop had moved in for the weekend. So I skip it and do not log it.

If I search for the cache and cannot find it, then I log it as a not found.

DustyJacket

Not all those that wander are lost. But in my case... icon_biggrin.gif

I've not found 2 caches that were plundered, one was replaced and I found it, one still hasn't been replaced, Both still have my not found logs, no problem.

This is the one that hurts, I never even left my computer on this cache and still logged a not found.

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

Click here for my Geocaching pictures and Here (newest)