Pictures too big for site...

Waterboss

If you have Microsoft Office you might well have Microsoft Photo Editor already. If so just open the pic click resize tell it 50% and save. You can always right click on the image and check properties to see that you are under 100k.

Failing that, any editing software will resize, did you get any free with the camera?

I woke this morning and my boat was not rocking...for one horrid moment I thought I lived in a house!

If you're a PC type, you can also use the free "Paintbrush" program that comes with Windows.

Open up the JPG and go to Image, Stretch and Skew, and change the percentages to the same lower-than-100 number. The image will be resized and when saved, will use a higher compression giving you a whole lot of saved KB.

Just make sure to do a Save As so you don't lose that original great shot.

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

Which camera do you have? Its a pretty standard feature to change the quality of which photos are taken.

quote:
Originally posted by Waterboss:

Software did come with the camera but played with it for a while but no luck on how to resize it. But I'll also try some of these great idea's.

CompuPic.

I like the program and have been using it for years. The pro version has a great Batch feature that will convert all selected pictures to a smaller size.

Find at www.photodex.com

ACDSee is another good program. Similar to CompuPic listed above, but they have additional plugins (more $) but will do similar things ac CompuPic.

Find at www.acdsee.com

If you have a digital camera, I am sure that the program that came with the camera will allow you to resize the pictures. What kind of camera do you have. I know that Olympus has their Camedia software, and my neighbor has a Kodak that came with good software, just don't remember what it is called.