Rubbermaid VS Tupperware For Cache's

stlthy1

I'm going with Ammo Can for my first placement and that was free to me but I plan on buying a couple more and you can't beat them for $5 USD each, for a .50cal

______________________________________________________________________________________

The 'idiot' who should be banned because he likes to spend all day annoying people while drinking beer.

Ya, I like steel too. Ammo boxes rule!

I did 4 today that used the cheap plastic shoebox style storage containers ... might as well have used a cardboard box!

As far as Rubbermaid vs Tupperware, other than price I see little difference.

Women are like guns, keep one around long enough and you're going to want to shoot it.

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

I'm going with Ammo Can for my first placement. I plan on buying a couple more and you can't beat them for $5 USD each, for a .50cal

AMMO CANS. They come in various sizes, and are solid and waterproof, both important to survive in harsh environments.

I go to gun shows. Lots of gun shows. I have bought .50 cal ammo cans in bulk (6 plus), for $3.50 each. I can't imagine any good-sized rubber-ware container being cheaper than that! Of course, some P.C. individual on here will now try to outlaw buying ammo cans at a gun show. icon_biggrin.gif

I can see reasons for not using ammo cans. But if at all possible, that is what is best, IMHO.

Y-all have a great day.

Mike. KD9KC.

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

quote:
Originally posted by Freelens & Mosie:

What would be a downside to Ammo cans. I'm new and haven't set a cache yet. Just curious. I imagine real men buy them loaded. icon_wink.gif

#1. If it is a micro-cache, or a mini-cache, and the ammo can is too big to hide in the desired place. (I would use a hammer and chisel to make the hole bigger). icon_wink.gif

#2. If the cache were placed in an area that if it were accidentally discovered it might cause a bomb scare. I seem to remember that a cache in Kosovo was in a large pickle jar to avoid this possibility.

Any other scenario, I would rather see an ammo can. I can show you two caches in El Paso that were archived because the plastic container (rubbermaid I think) couldn't hold up to the desert environment. (In My Humble Opinion.)

Mike. KD9KC.

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

There is a defunct army surplus store near here, but he hasn't hauled off the several pallets of 7.62 boxes. I was thinking of approaching him and making an offer. Then turn around and sell to local cachers--at cost.

Problem is, he has yet to return my phone calls.

I know some caches around here that need to be upgraded to steel...

CR

if he doesnt respond then just start watching ebay. they have CHEAP ones from time to time. one auction i noted a few months ago was selling the cans for like $1 each, the kicker was A. you had to buy a whole pallet which was like 1000 cans, and B. you had to pick them up at some military base (Ft. Benning(?) Georgia!! within 3 days of the close). but you can find smaller quanties too.

also theres cheaperthandirt.com , et al.

quote:
Originally posted by Sissy-n-CR:

There is a defunct army surplus store near here, but he hasn't hauled off the several pallets of 7.62 boxes. I was thinking of approaching him and making an offer. Then turn around and sell to local cachers--at cost.

Problem is, he has yet to return my phone calls.

I know some caches around here that need to be upgraded to steel...

CR

whack.gif