Spare Stuff

After doing several more hunts, we've decided to start carrying plenty of extra stuff with us when caching. Extra pens, pencils, lots of gallon sized baggies, big permanent markers and maybe even some tape (duct and electrical). A few of the cache containers could use a bit of work and it would only take a minute or two to perform... Do most people carry some extra's for repairs?

Jon.

Shayl.gif

Come visit us on the web!!

The JJ&C Railroad

Foster Clan, GOOD JOB in putting together your cache repair kit, and for taking care of the caches you find to be in need.

I usually carry the same items you already listed, plus a pencil sharpener and an extra geocaching stash note.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I was formerly employed by the Department of Redundancy Department, but I don't work there anymore.

We carry a spare tupperware box in case the cache container is damaged, a box of trades in case the cache contents look a bit sparse, a couple of spare log books and a few pens and pencils. We usually have a few carrier bags too in case there is litter around. We take some litter home with us to throw away and leave a bag in the cache so that the next person can do a bit of litter-picking too if they want to.

We've only had to replace a box once, but it needed quite a bit of maintenance. The contents were wet and mouldy so we did a clear out and filled the box back up with bits and pieces.

Sarah

--

I have a bag in my car with some spare stuff, but I usually forget to bring it with me. For those caches that are close to the car, I guess I can always go back.

It's kind of hard though, to know exactly what size container to bring along. Often the container's size is important because if you bring one that's too big, it won't fit in its hiding place and if it's too small, it won't fit the cache contents. I guess I could bring along an assortment, but that would take up too much room in my pack.

"An appeaser is one who keeps feeding a crocodile-hoping it will eat him last" -Winston Churchill