Rino 120

Hi,

My brother is looking to get a GPS for himself. He is looking at a Rino 120. I guess he along with some of his huntin buddies want to get the Gps/Radio combo. I have a Vista myself, so I do not know too much about the Rino, that is where you guys come in. Any information about the Rino would be appreciated..likes, dislikes, is the 8mb good enough and how much info. will that 8mb hold? He was also looking at the Magellan Sportrak Pro. I know it does not have the readio with it, but he was asking about it. So any info on that would be helpful also.

Thanks guys.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss something.

8 mb will hold a quite a bit. I fit all of northern NJ, most of southern NY and much of southern VT on my 8 meg Legend. Unless you travel a lot,or live in Alaska, you should be OK with the 8 meg.

"You can only protect your liberties in this world, by protecting the other man's freedom. "You can only be free if I am" -Clarence Darrow

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

8 mb will hold a quite a bit. I fit all of northern NJ, most of southern NY and much of southern VT on my 8 meg Legend. Unless you travel a lot,or live in Alaska, you should be OK with the 8 meg.

You can easily fit the entire state of Alaska (MetroGuide) in a Rino. It's only 5½MB.

3608_2800.gif

I just got a Rino 120. I love the thing. It gets great reception under tree cover, and is very easy to use. I don't ever use the radio, because I don't know anybody else with a FRS radio. I don't think I would get the unit just for the radio, but If you need a GPSr, I say you can't go wrong with a Rino 120.

Night Hunter

usacoolflag.gif

If Wyle E. Coyote could afford all that ACME stuff... Why didn't he just buy DINNER?

I've got a Rino 120 and couldn't be happier. Garmin customer service has been terrific (they had a recall of some original units to upgrade the radio) and the unit itself has proven to be very reliable and rugged.

I'm very glad I chose to go with the 120 over the 110.

Good luck!