Look at this thing.

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

pretty cool,but what if you lose it?

_"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry_

If I were to buy one of these sticks I would without a doubt loose it or break it somehow within a month. It would make a nice cache for the lucky S.O.B. that would find it.

As a firm believer in having a hiking staff with you on the trail, this looks like a good concept but I wonder how it really 'feels'.

Balance is all important to a good hiking staff, it must pivot easily and the grips must be flexible to adjust to the terrain.

That's why for 30 years I've been using my own hikory staff that I've tuned to my own hiking style.

I wish them luck though and I wouldn't mind at all if I came across someone using one on a trail so that I can check it out!

"The hardest thing to find is something that's not there!"

My first thought was, 'They're kidding, right?' My second one was 'Jack of all trades, master of none!' My experience of these types of multi-combo gee-whiz-bang tools is that they are all trash... If they are able to do the job at all, they do it poorly. Although I have to say, this one carries the genre to an art form! icon_wink.gif

I bought an invisible fence for my invisible dog.

Buzz Lightfoot

Pike County, PA

My first thought was...if I took all that stuff out of it, I'd never get it all back in. I would end up putting the stuff in my backpack which already has those items in the first place!

However...loving gadgets the way I do it is a cool concept icon_biggrin.gif I'm just not sure how practical it is.

El Diablo

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.

http://www.geo-hikingstick.com