Geocaching is medicine for the soul.

Team Lyons

I first heard about geocaching on the radio back in mid July. When I got home from work that day I took my Etrex off the handlebars of my quad and told my wife what I was doing. She just laughed and said 'have fun with your new hobby of the week'. A week later my new Garmin V was on it's way in the mail. Over the past few months I continued to cache by myself when time permitted. on 10/3 we lost our Daughter Alison Paige, she only lived fifty short minutes. The next few weeks where and still are he11 on the both of us. This past week my wife couldn't stand being in the house any longer and she wanted to get out and do something.ANYTHING! I asked her if she wanted to go on a Geocache and she said 'sure, as long as I'm out of the house' Turns out that she thinks geocaching is fun and it's a great distraction from the pain that she and I are going through. I can't begin to thank whoever made this game/hobby up enough.It's made such a noticeable difference in my wife's general well being and attitude it's unbelievable. I've since changed my (our) profile name from Lerch to "Team Lyons" since my wife and I are now a geocaching team! Thanks Geocaching.com!

Les

Team Lyons

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

My best friend lost her daughter after about 12 hours of life on 9/17/01. Unfortunately she never got to say "goodbye" as she (the mom) had gone into anaphalatic shock shortly before they took the baby into surgery. The miracle is that we didn't lose them both.

I just wish that she and I lived closer (right now we are seperated by many states) that I could have taken her out to show her that there are miracles all around us. Everytime I go caching I'm just amazed at the simple grace of nature. She may not have taken up caching but she did put a lot of focus into her flower garden.

She still has a lot of pain but has learned for the most part to focus that grief into something positive. It sounds like y'all are on the right path and I wish for you that you will always find comfort in each other, faith and hope when things feel hopeless, and wonder in the world around you.

God Bless and remember your daughter will always live on in your hearts.

Live a balanced life--learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.

-Robert Fulghum

quote:
Originally posted by clearpath:

Hang in there, Team Lyons. Maybe you could create a cache in memory of your daughter. I pray your pain turns to hope and faith very soon.

Great idea! I was thinking about this yesterday. I think I'll call it "Angels for Alison" the cache will have an angel theme. Now I'll just have to find some items that are angel related. I'll glue Alison's prayer card from her service on the from page of the log and make a travel bug in her honor. Thanks!