Who are the admins/approvers side track

Just out of curiosity, is there a 'credits/thank you' page listing all the past & present people who volunteer for the site (by appropriate username of course), ie mtn_man, Keystone, CO Admin, etc?

I think it would be kinda cool to have a page setup (if there isn't one already) that says what each Admin/Approver/Moderator username/job title is, and what areas they are responsible for.

---------------------

It wasn't me.

quote:
How about a bio page on each person from TPTB to the approvers. Maybe a photo with their background and the areas they are responsible for....

And their address and home phone number icon_wink.gif

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

And their address and home phone number icon_wink.gif

What's wrong with a picture of them, what area they cover, and a little on their background in the sport? Do you think that is giving away too much? Look at mtn-man. He has his picture up on his profile, he's expressed his experience and somewhat here and there told the areas that he has covered. Has anything bad happened?

Brian

www.woodsters.com

My Stats

Found: 70

Hidden: 2

I can't believe this subject needed an offset thread. They are busy people. They don't need everyone knowing every detail about them. PRIVACY is a wonderful thing. This is another case of someone sweating the small stuff. They are who they are. If they want YOU to know they will tell you. Otherwise they will stay anonymous doing their thankless job for little reward, taking up all their extra caching time, wading through the hundreds of e-mails until all hours of the night. Nothing bad has happened! Sheesh!

I cache, therefore I am.

Planet

quote:
Originally posted by Woodsters Outdoors:

What's wrong with a picture of them, what area they cover, and a little on their background in the sport? Do you think that is giving away too much? Look at mtn-man. He has his picture up on his profile, he's expressed his experience and somewhat here and there told the areas that he has covered. Has anything bad happened?

Brian

I can think of more than a few dust-ups in the forums over some cache or the other. Some of them involved an approver who who uses a single account for both approving and caching.

I expect that after the hostility here, the next event the folks involved all attend will have more than a little tension. Not good for community building.

Ron/yumitori

---

Remember what the dormouse said...

Woodsters, it is pretty difficult to maintain the anonymity of an approver account if you post a picture. And, apparently, it is pretty difficult to maintain the anonymity of an approver account if someone wishes strongly enough to have it made public.

There are some ideas in the early discussion stages on how best to present approval territory information on the website. The idea that I had was to include this information on the "State" page, where the newest caches, event caches, geocaching association contacts and most recent travel bug drops are shown. Just add a couple of lines saying "The approvers for this state are X (northern half of the state) and Y (southern half of the state)", with links to their profiles.

|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|x*x-x|

Keystone Approver, Geocaching.com Admin

"Eschewing Entropy and Ensuring Enthalpy in the Groundspeak Forums"

OK, I want to make clear my intentions in creating this thread, as it seems to have been misinterpreted a bit.

I only was wondering about the structure of GC and a list only (no photos etc) of who was who - only for the purpose of knowing 'who' is giving their time in a mostly thankless job. Nothing more. Simply a 'credits' page like you see at the end of a movie.

I appreciate all the hard work that they do behind the scenes and that we don't even know about, and I thought it might be nice to give them a nod.

That's all... sorry for the confusion in this. I should have been more clear in my postings.

---------------------

It wasn't me.

quote:
Originally posted by Woodsters Outdoors:

Basically in a nut shell... Why do approvers need to be annonymous?

I can't believe you just asked that ....

Pan

Fact is that there is nothing out there you can't do,

Yeah, even Santa Claus believes in you...

Floyd of Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, from "Can You Picture That?"

I'd like to see the stats on how many caches each approver has approved. I think these individuals deserve a hearty pat on the back for the time they spend approving.

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them. The rest go geocaching.

I think each approver has different reasons for wanting to be anonymous. Maybe a better question would be why can't an approver be anonymous. I know some of them have seen what has happened to a few of us in the forums from time to time. I have a few people that bug me to tell them who an approver is and I tell them all the same thing -- I can't say. It would violate a trust, and who would trust me if I told.

Touchstone, the admins also have asked for the information of number of caches approved. It would be interesting to see. I can tell you who most likely has approved the most -- ~erik~. He has been active for quite some time and has always been a "power-approver". He has never taken any breaks accept for short ones for business and vacations and such. He is a big part of the active caches out there today.

mtn-man... admin brick mason

"approver of all trades" -- per Woodsters Outdoors

quote:
Originally posted by mtn-man:

I think each approver has different reasons for wanting to be anonymous. Maybe a better question would be why can't an approver be anonymous. I know some of them have seen what has happened to a few of us in the forums from time to time. I have a few people that bug me to tell them who an approver is and I tell them all the same thing -- I can't say. It would violate a trust, and who would trust me if I told.

Touchstone, the admins also have asked for the information of number of caches approved. It would be interesting to see. I can tell you who most likely has approved the most -- ~erik~. He has been active for quite some time and has always been a "power-approver". He has never taken any breaks accept for short ones for business and vacations and such. He is a big part of the active caches out there today.

mtn-man... admin brick mason

"approver of all trades" -- http://ubbx.Groundspeak.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=5726007311&f=4016058331&m=81960519&r=30560429#30560429

I'd like to know ~erik~'s favorite brand of coffee. Sounds like he burns the midnight oil icon_wink.gif

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them. The rest go geocaching.