Chicago

Shadow's

Well I find myself going to the city of Chicago on November 7-9th and was woundering what the city has to offer. I was also wanting to know if there are any caches near the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers. I will be staying there and taking the corse there. I probably not have a mode of transportation so I was woundering if anything was with in walking range of this? Also I would like to know what there is to see there in this short amount of time? Anyone have any answers or suggestions?

Thanks

Rick

Sounds like you'll be right downtown. Can't say about caching, but there are plenty of things to do. Here's a brief list of the 'classics'.

- Field Museum of Natural History

- Museum of Science and Industry

- Shedd Aquarium

- Lake Michigan

- Sears Tower

- Planetarium

The museums, planetarium, and aquarium are all very close to each other. I think the Sheraton Towers are to the north, but I can't remember how far.

Weather should be OK this time of year, if it's not raining. You're slipping in one of the two months where it's neither colder than &*$$ or hotter than &*$$.

Have a good time,

Bob

Sorry guys,

I would do the search but I have no idea where this is located other than the city. They just handed me the date and said I was going.

Ok question time

Navy Pier? What is it and what is there to do?

- Field Museum of Natural History

- Museum of Science and Industry

- Shedd Aquarium

These three have come up at another hunting board several times so I will place them on the try and do list.

I was also told that I had to try the stuffed pizza and some type of hot dog while I was there.

Any other suggestions or hints?

Thanks,

Rick

Yes, try a Chicago Hot Dog, Flukey's or Byron's if you can get there, both are pretty far from where you are. Check the hot dog vendor that hangs in front of Shedd and tell him you want a real Chicago dog.

As for pizza....I live in NY now and am having a tough time. From your hotel you can call Giordano's and have them bring you one. My personal favorite from Giordano's is a stuffed spinach pizza. Five cheeses including ricotta, spinach and mushrooms in a more flakey crust topped with sauces and spices. Add sausage if you like.

Ok, when most people hear of a spinach pizza they cringe, but I've never found a person that didn't like after they tried it icon_smile.gif

If all else fails...hail a taxi...you cant throw a stick without hitting one...or ask at desk about hotel transport...they usually take you were you want...or even the bus...as you are staying down town this will amount to a few minutes ride...and they can help you get the right one.

Museum of Science and Industry is a must...so is the Shedd Aquarium.

There is Lincoln park zoo...and the art museum.

Any Chicago pizza and Chicago hot dog will be way different from what you know down here.

Here are the coords to the hotel: N41 53.371 W87 37.188 (301 East North Water Street). Cachew Nut gave you some links above (his coords were pretty close to mine).

Navy Pier

The Field Museun

Museum of Science and Industry

Shedd Aquarium

For hot dogs, try Gold Coast Dogs...there is one near your hotel (on Wabash, I think). Your hotel is also very close to Pizzaria Uno (and it's sister site about two blocks away, Pizzaria Due...I prefer Due for the atmoshpere).

Lots more info can be found at www.cityofchicago.org.

Enjoy your trip!

stunod_sig.gif

mystats.php?userid=Stunod&vopt=user&txtdata=Eamus%20Catuli!&bgcol=ffffcc&fgcol=000000&imbadge=y&badgetyp=chitown.jpg