What's Wrong With This Site?

Sandrich

OK people, I've heard enough belly aching and grumbling about what is wrong with this site in too many threads. So here is the place to put your complaints! Please note that I have a ground rule here: each and every comment must have a positive suggestion about how to change for the better! Also, NO personal attacks are allowed. Period. And yes, I will delete any posts that don't abide by those simple rules.

We need a place to discuss how to make this site better, and hopefully, in the process make our sport better. This is that place, please post.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Sandrich:

And yes, I will delete any posts that don't abide by those simple rules.

Uhm, you cant delete posts. Some might consider that a problem.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
We need a place to discuss how to make this site better, and hopefully, in the process make our sport better. This is that place, please post.

But if we see what we feel is a problem and mention here, then we are accused of "belly-aching".

"An appeaser is one who keeps feeding a crocodile-hoping it will eat him last" -Winston Churchill

quote:
Isnt that what this is for?

I understand Geocaching.com Discussion forum to be a place to discuss technical things related to this website. Bugs, enhancements, etc...

If someone has an issue with rules, procedures, et. al., they tend to come here to the General forum.

"An appeaser is one who keeps feeding a crocodile-hoping it will eat him last" -Winston Churchill

quote:
Originally posted by Trailblazer # 1:

I am sure that they will listen, they have accomodated us very well on this site from what I see.

LMAO, Good one. Its nice to see some humor here when everyone is being serious.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

NO

His name must live on.

The only bad thing is that the REAL umc had somewhere around 1400 posts. I'm working on catching up to him. He's a pimp, even if he's dead.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

Where is that thread that Mr. Snat started???

I'm wondering what the reason for changing to new forums was in the first place. I would also like to know if we are going to lose all of the features we had with the other forum.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

Where is that thread that Mr. Snat started???

I'm wondering what the reason for changing to new forums was in the first place. I would also like to know if we are going to lose all of the features we had with the other forum.

The forums are on their own dedicated server now, not shared with some other forum. What features did we lose?

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Edit to fix formatting

[This message was edited by Mopar on March 29, 2003 at 03:22 PM.]

The obvious ones are the posts counts have changed (big deal) the poll counts have changed (big deal) the profile pages are all messed up, can't see find/hide counts and all that jazz.

If I find that other thread I can add to the small list that I have.

Who/what were we sharing a server with before?

migo_sig_logo.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

The obvious ones are the posts counts have changed (big deal) the poll counts have changed (big deal) the profile pages are all messed up, can't see find/hide counts and all that jazz.

If I find that other thread I can add to the small list that I have.

Who/what were we sharing a server with before?

Well, post count isnt that big a deal, those of us who have been around since before the last forum upgrade a year ago already had our post counts reset. Profile page is a bug that they are working on fixing.

On the plus side, the forums seem faster, the the search engine is blinding fast.

I guess before we were just a partition on a HD over at infopop before, sharing a server with lots of other forums. Now we have a server all to ourselves.

Mopar,

Thanks for the explanation on the forum deal. I'm also glad you picked up on the sarcasim with the "big deal" thing and gathered that I didn't view them as a big deal just a small issue.

migo_sig_logo.jpg