There, I paid my 3 bucks...

Rubbertoe

Now all of you that don't agree with me can just shut your holes. Plus, now that I'm a paying member - I want some friggin bang for my buck! Someone better come to my door and drag my lazy butt outside and take me to some caches. I've done all the ones around here myself, and it is about time that someone picks me up and delivers me to some hiding spots in Columbus. icon_mad.gif And for all of you people hiding caches in spots tougher than 3/3 - WHAT ARE YOU THINKING??? I don't wana have to walk very far, and I don't want to get dirty. Put your caches where I can get them!!

icon_smile.gif I think I get my 3 bucks worth just in server space for all my posts. icon_razz.gif And I'd like to offer a word of thanks to Jeremy and the powers-that-be, as well as all the contributors to the forums. This is a nice little place, most times.

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

You may want to check out this link

Heheh... been there, done that. Yeah - I just wanted to post something silly. I was sitting here, as a free member, and started thinking to myself - "Why aren't you (me) a paying member yet?"

3 bucks is chump change... I'm not sure why I never bothered to subscribe to charter membership before. It is a small price to pay for the fun that this hobby brings to everyone. I hope others consider doing the same, if they read this.

Crud - now I have to get a PDA to try out all these fancy features. icon_wink.gif

toe.gif

Click the Toe...  and please stop confusing your opinion with fact, ok?

I agree,

I wouldn't mind paying just to use the service provided here but that is free which is great but who knows how long that will last for.

I have a PDA and tested out pocket quries and it works great with the exception of not getting the full list of logs for each cache. Its what you get from the cache page but you don't get the option to click and expand to view all logs. If there is a way around this I would like to know. Now all I need to do is get my excel spreadsheet going to keep tract of my caches that way and use waypoint numbers instead of a 'GC345A1' name which I can never remember. At that point I could dl that spreadsheet to my palm and help keep tract that way also as to which ones I've been to and so on and so forth.

Glad to see you signed up.

______________________________________________________________________________________

The 'idiot' who should be banned because he likes to spend all day annoying people while drinking beer.

quote:

Glad to see you signed up.

Actually, seeing that YOU signed up was also a motivator. You have been harassed and complained about by some whiney people in the forums pretty much as soon as you arrived here - yet you still decided to join up. icon_smile.gif Even the people who complained would have to admit that counts for something.

It helped me realize I was kind of a shmuck if I didn't consider doing the same - since I've already hid a dozen caches and have been around here for like a year and a half already. icon_smile.gif

toe.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Rubbertoe:

Crud - now I have to get a PDA to try out all these fancy features. icon_wink.gif

Well, the Palm version of MobiPocket is pretty crappy. There's been discussions about it before. But, hey, it's free. Apperently the PocketPC version is much better. Too bad for me - I traded down from an HP567 to a CLIE.

You can also download a Windows desktop version of the reader.

----------

Chickenfoot! Come back! You're not a freak! You're just stupid!

Glad I could be a motivator in a possitive way. icon_smile.gif

As far as PDAs I have a Sony Clie also the 610 as a matter of fact the hi res screen looks great with mobi pocket.

______________________________________________________________________________________

The 'idiot' who should be banned because he likes to spend all day annoying people while drinking beer.

quote:
Originally posted by azog:

quote:

Well, the Palm version of MobiPocket is pretty crappy. There's been discussions about it before. But, hey, it's free. Apperently the PocketPC version is much better. Too bad for me - I traded down from an HP567 to a CLIE.

There's always the converter on my web page if you'd like to use a document reader that actually works, like TealDoc or CSpotRun. (See my profile for a link.)

warm.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Warm Fuzzies - Fuzzy:

There's always the converter on my web page if you'd like to use a document reader that actually works, like TealDoc or CSpotRun. (See my profile for a link.)

Gracias - I'm gonna check that out... I was just coming back here now to mention that the mobireader for PC doesn't work on my system. It keeps telling me the ebook files are corrupted, even the ones included with the reader. Maybe I'm better off just waiting until I get a PDA... the wife wanted one for christmas anyway, I guess it is worth it now. icon_razz.gif

toe.gif

(edited to remove crappy Adobe ebook reader url reference)

[This message was edited by Rubbertoe on September 30, 2002 at 12:53 PM.]

quote:

I've done all the ones around here myself, and it is about time that someone picks me up and delivers me to some hiding spots in Columbus. icon_mad.gif And for all of you people hiding caches in spots tougher than 3/3 - WHAT ARE YOU THINKING??? I don't wana have to walk very far, and I don't want to get dirty. Put your caches where I can get them!!

Try my Tremont Fountain Park virtual cache. You won't have to walk far or get dirty - easy 1/1. I'd pick you up and deliver you, but I'm 900 miles away. Just hop on a COTA bus, and it'll take you right to it. icon_wink.gif

I suppose now that you're a member, you'll want me to change it to a Members Only cache? icon_biggrin.gif

I don't care what anyone else says, I like the blinking toe.

25021_1200.gif

quote:

quote:

You may want to check out this link

Heheh... been there, done that. Yeah - I just wanted to post something silly. I was sitting here, as a free member, and started thinking to myself - "Why aren't you (me) a paying member yet?"

3 bucks is chump change... I'm not sure why I never bothered to subscribe to charter membership before. It is a small price to pay for the fun that this hobby brings to everyone. I hope others consider doing the same, if they read this.

http://home.columbus.rr.com/rubbertoe/index.html

How come I paid $30 American (About $50 Canadian)? The price was worth it to support the cause, but what the hey?

quote:
Originally posted by VentureForth:

They rack up finds faster than I say "First to find"!

I'm sure unemployed geocachers wouldn't mind getting employed, though.

Actually, we can't afford to be wasting too much gas - so we tend to pick clean an area and then stop. icon_smile.gif And yeah, I wouldn't mind having a little less free time on my hands. I suppose I could always sell my Vista for eatin' money. Yeah, right. icon_razz.gif

Luckily, it's not quite that bad yet. icon_biggrin.gif

toe.gif

quote:

Now all of you that don't agree with me can just shut your holes. Plus, now that I'm a paying member - I want some friggin bang for my buck! Someone better come to my door and drag my lazy butt outside and take me to some caches. I've done all the ones around here myself, and it is about time that someone picks me up and delivers me to some hiding spots in Columbus. icon_mad.gif And for all of you people hiding caches in spots tougher than 3/3 - WHAT ARE YOU THINKING??? I don't wana have to walk very far, and I don't want to get dirty. Put your caches where I can get them!!

Ok Toe, give me the Coordinates of your house and Ill hide a cache in your refrigerator. Should make it an easy find. Heck Ill even stock it with salsa and a beer.

Lapaglia icon_cool.gif

"Muga Muchu" (forget yourself, focus).