Free cache items

Eswau

quote:
Originally posted by Eswau:

I'm not sure how long this will work but using the following promo code at ParkSeed.com will get you $20 off a $20 or more order. Shipping on just seed packs is $1.95. I ordered 40 packs of seeds for $2.45.

The code is P1AB99

E

Are you saying you leave seeds in caches? I hadn't heard of that one.

quote:
Originally posted by arrowroot:

Is that really wise to leave seeds? Most of them are critter-edible, and in merely paper packets.

_I am Arrowroot, son of Arrowshirt. I have many names, you know_

Well, if it is in an ammo can I wouldn't worry about attracting animals much. I would be more concerned with the conditions inside causing them to germinate.

quote:
I'm just curious what you can grow if you plant bird seed?

Sheesh, you name it. You should see my yard. There are weeds growing there that probably don't have names yet.

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry

Yeah, I've seen caches that have been destroyed by animals because of seeds here in MN. It's probably not like that everywhere, but I'm sure ammo cans would be safe to put them in. I wouldn't recommend putting them in a cache that is a cheap container, such as an ice cream bucket.

jhwf4

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

quote:
I'm just curious what you can grow if you plant bird seed?

Sheesh, you name it. You should see my yard. There are weeds growing there that probably don't have names yet.

_"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry_

So you're a botanist disguised as an unemployed IT freak? icon_smile.gif

Brian

Team A.I.

quote:
. I wouldn't recommend putting them in a cache that is a cheap container, such as an ice cream bucket.

Whether or not seeds in a cache is a good thing or not, I can't imagine critters are going to attack a cache because of a pack of 20 flower seeds. Are they going to want to spend the time gnawing through a plastic box or move over 2 feet where the ground has thousands on it? Seeds getting wet in a cache, now that's a different problem.

E

Biologist (employeed as a chemist)

quote:
I just tried it, and got a message saying "P1AB99 - We're sorry, we don't recognize this code or it has expired." Bummer!!!

Yes, the offer has expired. The website I learned about it is Slickdeals.net. Usually when a offer gets listed on their website it doesn't last too long. I think vendors get overwhelmed by the people who come to buy from the Slickdeals.net site.

E