H.A.D.D.

Plank

About 30 years ago a jokester/publicity hound started an organization that was pushing to put clothes on domesticated animals like dogs, cows and other farm creatures and pets. He felt it was immoral to have these animals walking around naked! They should be dressed. He had the entire country believing his organization was on the up and up. You can’t believe how many people joined his group. Meanwhile he was having the laugh of a lifetime. I can’t stop laughing just remembering the deal.

Alan

Though it does remind me of the first time I climbed Long's Peak in Colorado (a lonnnng time ago). It was summer, and we backpackers had to share the same trail as the pack animals. icon_rolleyes.gif I remember wondering why, on such a large mountain, there didn't seem to be enough space for separate trails.

All of my later climbs were in the dead of winter. Much better aroma and no crowds!

Worldtraveler

Though it does remind me of the first time I climbed Long's Peak in Colorado (a lonnnng time ago). It was summer, and we backpackers had to share the same trail as the pack animals. icon_rolleyes.gif I remember wondering why, on such a large mountain, there didn't seem to be enough space for separate trails.

All of my later climbs were in the dead of winter. Much better aroma and no crowds!

Worldtraveler

quote:
Originally posted by 3fros:

It's my understanding that pack horses in the Bob Marshall wilderness area in Montana have to wear diapers and all of the waste has to be hauled out.

I've gotta tell y'all that this disturbs me to no end. Here I am, an eastern city slicker with this warm spot in my heart for you westerners. Now I've got to picture the lonesome cowboy riding off into the sunset on his great stallion that's wearing a diaper! Scheesch. icon_eek.gif

Alan

quote:
Originally posted by 3fros:

It's my understanding that pack horses in the Bob Marshall wilderness area in Montana have to wear diapers and all of the waste has to be hauled out.

I've gotta tell y'all that this disturbs me to no end. Here I am, an eastern city slicker with this warm spot in my heart for you westerners. Now I've got to picture the lonesome cowboy riding off into the sunset on his great stallion that's wearing a diaper! Scheesch. icon_eek.gif

Alan