Yello eTrex 79.99

But for $20 more at that same truck stop you can get a unit with _MAPPING_, better sensitiviy, WAAS, and including the PC cable, so is that really a bargain? Add the cable to the banana and the price difference is tiny if not non-negative.

And if you decide later you want to buy mapsend, you can get 6MB of street-level detail maps without changing units. You just can't do that on an Etrex.

(Fry's in Houston has a shelf of Meridian Greens for $89...)

quote:
Originally posted by volks_ev71:

god thats cheap! What's really ridiculous is that the Geko 101 is the same price as the Etrex yellow on Amazon.com...

Using Opera 7.1

True, but with a Geko 101 you are stuck with the same firmware forever, and entering waypoints by hand, because it has no data port, while the eTrex does.

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

Click here for my Geocaching pictures and Here (newest)

quote:
Originally posted by robertlipe:

But for $20 more at that same truck stop you can get a unit with _MAPPING_, better sensitiviy, WAAS, and including the PC cable, so is that really a bargain? Add the cable to the banana and the price difference is tiny if not non-negative.

And if you decide later you want to buy mapsend, you can get 6MB of street-level detail maps without changing units. You just can't do that on an Etrex.

I had stopped by to look at the unit you mention (Magellan Sportrak Map) but they said they do not stock it...it must be ordered from their website. That is when I noticed the eTrex Yellow for 79.99 and just thought I would pass along the info.

quote:
Originally posted by Cruzin!:

"Fry's" is a four-letter word as far as I'm concerned.

http://frys.sthomas.net/

It's funny that there are so many anti-Fry's websites. I've only shopped at the San Diego store, but have never had problems. Their return policy is no worse than Radio Shack or DOW. Of all electronics stores I've returned something to, I'd say Circuit City treated me the best.

Took sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness bandbass.gif

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by robertlipe:

I agree...I had a really bad experience with them as well. FWIW here's the link to my experience.

Mr. 0

"Remember that nature and the elements are neither your friend or your enemy - they are actually disinterested."

Department of the Army Field Manual FM 21-76 "Survival" Oct. 1970

Cruzin',

I took a quick look at the site you listed, and found nothing substantial there, except for some SLAPP / anti-SLAPP legal filings. What exactly was the gripe with Fry's in the first place?? Is there a link on the page to the beginning of the fight with Fry's? Because right now, it looks like a copyright -vs- fair use case for the name "Fry's".

Confused,

dadJ of Team sigJ

quote:

--

Pehmva!

Random quote:

http://sthomas.net/sigimage.php

[This message was edited by sigJ on August 14, 2003 at 09:15 AM.]

Just a heads up, if you keep an eye on old WalMart, they drop to $50 now and then.

I saw it at one near my house, by the time I decided it was gone. I kept my eyes open and founf two of them at another WalMart a few weeks later. I need 3 (siblings, don't ya know), so I took the receipt to Galyan's and they price matched it for the third.

The tags were red, which normally mean a closeout, but I have seen them since at the same store. A friend picked up oneof them.