POLL: Which do you prefer...?

MarcB

Just a quick poll... icon_smile.gif

Which do you prefer, Ammo Boxes or tupperware?

This could be either from a hiders or a seekers point of view.

Thx,

MarcB

P.s: This isnt meant to start a flamer (after seeing the other post on ammo boxes)

"We searched for hours in the cache area but all we could find was an ammo box in a little hollow. Suggest you archive the cache..."

Fake stumps!

You left out Altoids tins, homemade camouflaged caches, mortar tubes, PVC pipes, Coffee tins, Rubbermaid..........etc.... There's more than two ways to hide a cache.

Cache you later,

Planet

spacecraft.gif

"It doesn't matter whether you're going somewhere or nowhere, whether you're doing something or nothing. If you're doing it in a boat it's the best time ever!" -Water Rat from "The Wind in the Willows" by Kenneth Grahame (a book I picked up in a cache)

quote:
Originally posted by Planet:

You left out Altoids tins, homemade camouflaged caches, mortar tubes, PVC pipes, Coffee tins, Rubbermaid..........etc.... There's more than two ways to hide a cache.

I've used a couple of Rubber Maid, Crinkle top Tupperware, ammo cans, and a couple of Coleman juice thermoses.

Preparation, the first law to survival.

lodging3.jpggeol1.jpg

Mokita!

I voted for ammo cans, both as a hider and a finder.

The good tupperware containers are find as are the good rubbermaid containers. None of the disposible containers are worth bothering with. None seal properly and sometimes seal so poorly bugs can get in the them.

The only down side to ammo cans are they come in limited sizes and you have to be careful making noises with them when people are in the area.

Quality plastic containers are more expensive than what I've been able to find ammo cans for and they don't hold paint as well.

CR

72057_2000.gif

how can vote there no choice for "natural" caches... icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by MarcB:

Just a quick poll... icon_smile.gif

Which do you prefer, Ammo Boxes or tupperware?

This could be either from a hiders or a seekers point of view.

Thx,

MarcB

P.s: This isnt meant to start a flamer (after seeing the other post on ammo boxes)

"We searched for hours in the cache area but all we could find was an ammo box in a little hollow. Suggest you archive the cache..."

whack.gif

quote:
Originally posted by SteveL:

quote:

All containers are evil!

how can vote there no choice for "natural" caches...

????

How are containers "evil"?

SteveL

Wherever you go, there you are.

They just are, they might look like cute little angels, but then they attack. i could have suffered stubbed toes, mashed fingers, and contact with countless unknown mold spores bacteria etc., until ms.snazz showed me the light icon_razz.gif

and all further questions should be directed toward him/her/it (snazz) icon_wink.gif

whack.gif

We've found caches in all types of containers. Some were recently placed in tupperware, or tupperware-type containers and were soggy or downright swimming. The lids seem to be the weak point, either cracked or just not sealed correctly by the last finder. We've found several ammo cans, some that hadn't been found for months, and they've all been dry and in good shape.

Of course, this applies only to full-sized caches. We've found some mini's and micros that have served their purposes well and were obviously not ammo cans. We've hidden some mini's in the plastic army hazmat cannisters and these seem to hold up well. But for the most part, our preference both as hiders and finders is ammo cans. We especially hunt these out when we're looking to place a travel bug so as to insure as much as possible that it will be well sheltered until it's next pick-up.

GeoMedic - team leader of GeoStars

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.

huh, I'm surprised that anyone voted for the tupperware. Yes they come in any size and shape you want but I rather be limited in the size of the container and have its contents in great shape over a cool size but risk damage to the contents.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Not so sure, Somewhat new Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

Real Tupperware and Rubbermaid continers are usually pretty good. The caches I've placed in them have stood up well. It's the Gladware, cheap dollar store plastic containers and those deli/chinese food plastic containers that really stink.

This being said, I'm an ammo box fan. I've purchased over 50 of them in the .50 cal and .30 cal sizes. I've slowly been replacing my Rubbermaid caches with ammo boxes. The only execption is the ones where an ammo box can't fit in the hiding place.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on its hind legs, but by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" -Max Beerbohm