Introduce yourself.

quote:
Originally posted by SkyeMaloney:

My uncle is the curator of art in an art museum in Boston. Can’t remember the name of it though but it’s right next to a baseball field. Name is Patrick Maloney if you ever find yourself wandering into one.

It is probably the Museum of Fine Arts (MFA) and it is located near Fenway Park, one of the oldest, if not the oldest, Major League ballpark in the Counrty.

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

Henny Youngman (1906 - 1998)icon_cool.gif

What is this a party line? All this personal chit chat back and forth. This is "introduce yourself" thread, not "sit down and have tea and make yourself at home" thread. That hasn't been started yet. Or am I dating my self with that Party Line thing?

icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Cache you later,

Planet

So many caches, so little time.

[back on topic]

Hmmm, party line with yourself. Is that when you call yourself on the second line, so you're talking to yourself to yourself to yourself....?

Anyways, I'm Brian, and currently a Dispatcher for the Arizona Department of Public Safety, based at the HQ in central Phoenix. It's definitely a fun job, but the stress can certainly be overwhelming during critical incidents. Ultimately, I plan on being an officer, and this is a great way to get my foot in the door, with the knowledge and experience of how the department operates before I get a badge. Besides, I have access to more information than my officers do. icon_smile.gif

Before DPS, I was a IT freak for Motorola, spending my nights rebooting servers and exhausting kill -9 when systems would freeze up. The CEO needed a trip on the Space Shuttle, so he laid off some headcount to fund it. icon_rolleyes.gif

At home, I have my wife, and a 3 year-old daughter and a 7 1/2 year-old son, who both love geocaching. My daughter asks me on a regular basis "I go G-cache, daddy?" Nothing makes me grin more than when I hear that. My wife likes to go too, but our schedules don't allow for too much, and it's too hot now for her to want to go, so most of my ventures are either solo or with other cachers.

I heard about geocaching after a local station did a story on treasure hunting. 5 minutes later, I had coordinates, grabbed my POS Magellan Pioneer and went out to find my first cache.

Did I miss anything?

Brian

Team A.I.

[/back on topic]

Anyways, I'm Brian, and currently a Dispatcher for the Arizona Department of Public Safety

If you get a call in for me, tell the cop I'm an OK guy and I just can't help but put my foot down. burnout.gif

Hello, my name is Bowen and I'm an 'amateur' geocacher. I like to use GPSs & do stuff outside. I just recently discovered geocaching while looking for a specific landmark (and these annoying 'geocaching' pages kept coming up in my searches). I think it's pretty fun, but I'm not in any way as nuts about it as most of the people here.

I have thought of setting my own cache... but I was thinking of making a 5/5.

Oh, if you couldn't tell from the above quote, I'm from, and in, AZ.