OK tomorrow here we come

OK folks. First,thanks to all of you.

I got my MreiPlat today. Got the Topo CD, case, batteries, SD card, reader. Updated the Firmware. Figured out how to put waypoints in, figured out how to put regions in.

Only thing left to do is figured out what the GOTO does and tomorrow I am off to find the first cache.

Go Navy

Go Navy

quote:
Originally posted by USN Retired:

Only thing left to do is figured out what the GOTO does and tomorrow I am off to find the first cache.

Just make sure you find out what a GOTO does before you GOTO somewhere that you didn't really mean to GOTO...icon_biggrin.gif

Have fun and shrug off the rude comments...that's what this is all about; fun and discovery with a bit of the unknown thrown in for good measure.

quote:

You sound like someone who knows how to get the information they need...but here's a tip that may or may not be apparent to you from the manual.

The default map display for a goto route is from the original place you set the goto to the destination. I find the current position-destination goto more useful, as it always tells you where to go from where you are at. These setting are (from the map screen) menu/map setup/display. There you can toggle on the position-destination line. You can optionally toggle off the departure-destination line (I do) or leave it on as you wish.

Good hunting!

Don't get even - get odd

quote:
Only thing left to do is figured out what the GOTO does.....

Surely you must have learned in the Navy that GOTO can be a BAD THING. During my time in the good branch of the Military (USAF), I learned to dread the "GOTO". It often times meant all expense paid vacations to places I didn't really want to see, like the "Middle of nowhere". Of course GOTO can be worth a lifetime of memories as well. icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck on your quest for treasure

Jeff

USAF Retired

quote:
Originally posted by USN Retired:

Go Navy

Go Navy

Congrats Amigo and good luck tomorrow. Welcome to the addiction.

Go Air Force! ;-)

Gsdvr

Huntsville