Legend/ Etrex

Newenglandah

Ok I have viewed the book for my new legend, but can't find info on something!!!

Is my legend ready to go or do I need to do some kind of set up?

I know my mallegan gps 38 needed a first time set up in a large out area!!!

Any other important tips about the legend would be great.....

Cache Now, shovel the snow later!!!

See You In the Woods!!!

Natureboy1376

In truth, it has been so long that I don't remember. However, turning it on and setting it in a relatively open area will not hurt.

When got back from a trip to Europe, I discovered a page (somewhere) that allowed me to start initializing from a pointer on the world map. Perhaps someone else could help.

Satellite: New Location: Use Map: (point to your local region): 'Click-Stick' select and wait.

Of course by now, it's found itself, both WAAS sats and the last transmission of Pioneer 10

icon_razz.gif

My Legend just came back from a trip to Olathe, KS and it took a good 25minutes to find itself, but it did!

Don't ask me. I'm not from around here...

I just got my Legend today! I had gotten a Meriyellow and hated it, but it had some major problems. I called Magellan and they just said, "Well, send it back to where you got it." So I did....and bought a Legend! In the Magellan you do have to initialize the unit, but in the Legend you just turn it on and just like a crack junkie...let it find its own fix!

I am VERY pleased with the unit! Much better base map, smaller but better screen and all the things I love in a GPS. Now I need the software and I'll be set!