MapSource Topo Maps Question

I am looking for MapSource 1:24k topo maps for my eTrex Vista, but all I can seem to find at that scale are National Parks maps.

I am specifically looking for maps of Pennsylvania, Maryland, and perhaps Western/Upstate New York, but can't seem to find them. icon_frown.gif

Two questions... 1) Do these maps exist, and 2) Is 1:24k necessarry? Can I get by with 1:100k, or will the lack of detail be noticable? Thanks!

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice." - Native American proverb

I use Mapsourse Topo in my Vista. I then print out the Topozone or NG Topo map of the area for the cache. They're both in 24K scale. It's then easy to compare your spot on the 100K opo in the Vista to the hard copy 24K map.

Also, if you use NG Topo, you can create route in it and transfer the waypoints into the Vista for more accurate trekking.

But I would start with Mapsourse Topo first.

NG has the state series for the northeast for $100 or so bu PA is a separate state series also for $100. NG's pricey but it's pretty good stuff.

Good luck

Alan