100 finds for Stu & Sarah

minstrelcat

quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:

Well done you two for reaching your 100 mark in the lovely county of Kent!

Thanks! We really enjoyed our East Kent hunt... it's nice and compact, not too busy and quite a lot of good (and easy to find!) caches. The handmade card is lovely!

quote:
Originally posted by The Wombles:

Congrats - that's a lot of mini-miles!

In our mission to get 100 before our 1st caching anniversary we clocked up 673 miles between 5pm on Thursday and 9pm on Sunday!

We got number 100 just before sunset on the eve of our cachiversary.

Nobody seems to do best and worst these days, but I'm going to anyway... I'll let Sarah do her own.

Best: "Great Mis Tor Jubilee" (Devon) - A not-too-long walk, but feels like you're really in the middle of nowhere when you get up there.

Worst: "Glorious Gloucestershire". We took the wrong route, it was absolutely hammering down with rain, I had to scramble uphill through hawthorns to get to the cache.

Most quirky location: "Lullington Church" (Down south... Kent?)

Longest search: "Err... where is it". Searched until dark, then had a tired and hungry 0.8 mile walk back over the nearby summit to find the car. Still haven't found the cache.

Best swap: Mike Wasowski toy from "Road Ahead Flooded" (He sits on my monitor now)

Best travel bug: "Hewitt Husky" was cutest.

We're aiming for 100 this year, too, but without the aid of virtuals or reverse caches. It's purely boxes and meets for us this year!

Thought I'd add my list of favourites and not so favourites too.

Best: Modern Caveman. We've been to visit this one a few times, but the best was when we went to find the replaced cache after watching the sun rise on the solstice with The Bennett Family, and then found the cache with a couple of geomuggles who came along for the ride.

Worst: Don't think I want to name names, but there was one cache which was hidden be a discarded t-shirt which wasn't pleasant, and one which seemed to be at the bottom of a geomuggles garden which made us feel uncomfortable especially as we had taken a friend there for their first cache hunt.

Quirky: has to be Lullington church. It was so peaceful there.

Oddest experience: When my two TB's seem to go straight out of the country. One to Canada and one to Spain.

Happiest experience: The HCC event. Shame we didn't make that one in the mini, but it was still great meeting so many friendly faces, especially as we could match those friendly faces to names we recognised.

Sarah

--