UK Geocaching Calendar.

TheCat

quote:
Originally posted by Fuchov and Di:

TheCat has achieved his goal - no moderators = freedom to do what you want. Strikes me that TheCat should be renamed 'TheHotpoint" - he certainly is good at extracting the urine.

Now please don't anyone take this the wrong way but am I missing something here? Why the attacks on TheCat and G:UK?

I am writing this in a calm way, without any malice. I am simply asking a question and nothing more. I don't know which icon to use to express this emotion.

Do you know, the only other forums that I have read were the BBC Celebaq ones and, due to a possibility of legal action for libel, every message had to be ok'd by admin BEFORE it was posted. It really killed the board off for a while. I now think the same should happen here.

This board can be accessed by a link from geocaching.com under the banner "Discuss Geocaching". I will not be posting anything else until it gets back on track.

Goodbye (and hopefully au revoir - but maybe not) icon_frown.gif

Lizzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Don't you think that sooner or later someone will notice that its a mobile phone not a GPS your using???

quote:
Originally posted by Icenians:

quote:
Originally posted by Fuchov and Di:

TheCat has achieved his goal - no moderators = freedom to do what you want. Strikes me that TheCat should be renamed 'TheHotpoint" - he certainly is good at extracting the urine.

Now please don't anyone take this the wrong way but am I missing something here? Why the attacks on TheCat and G:UK?

I am writing this in a calm way, without any malice. I am simply asking a question and nothing more. I don't know which icon to use to express this emotion.

The above post was posted as a reply to a post on this thread, I believe. I didn't add the quote above it was placed there by the system.

The original message has now gone and that takes my question out of context on this thread and so I must withdraw it.

It wasn't an attemp to fan any flames or start anything off. I am genuinly confused as to why someone is having a go at G:UK.

I guess we are being moderated somewhere icon_confused.gif

If you put your hand in a bucket of water and pull it out, the hole that remains is a measure of how indispensible you really are.

quote:
Originally posted by Icenians:

I guess we are being moderated somewhere icon_confused.gif

Yes. Many people read these forums. The "nickname" the person registered is pretty offensive. I reported it as an offensive nickname and as a troll. topic_alert.gif

It looks like the people who run the site agreed.

I disassociate myself with anyone who uses a psuedonym or fake id to post inflamatory remarks in this issue. Anyone not man/woman enough to air their views openly are not worthy of my support or endorsement - so to the person who conjoured up this nickname - the same to you!

quote:
Originally posted by mtn-man:

The "nickname" the person registered is pretty offensive. I reported it as an offensive nickname and as a troll.

It looks like the people who run the site agreed.

Nicely done. icon_smile.gif

There are enough bad feelings around here without idiots with stupid names stirring up even more bad feeling. frog.gif

Derek Reed

[This message was edited by DerekReed on May 15, 2003 at 07:12 AM.]