Geocaching on TV again

If anyone is interested, and can get North East local TV, then tune in to 'Inside Out' this Monday (June 2nd) at 7:30pm.

A few regular Geocaching mugs will be making an appearance on a program about Geocaching . icon_wink.gif

(Every one needs a bigger letterbox!)

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz, Suni, Jack & Kashi:

hmm...

For those of us who can't get North East Local TV is there any chance of someone who can, doing whatever clever stuff is required to get it onto a website as a download somewhere???

We take our children everywhere, but they always find their way back home...

Hopefully the BBC may put a video on the North East Inside Out web pages as they did here in the South.

If you haven't seen the BBC South Geocaching edition of Inside Out' take a look at the following URL (you will need to have Realplayer installed to watch the 8+ minute video).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/southampton/realmedia/features/geocaching.ram

"Fear is temporary, regret is permanent!"

motley. adj. varied in appearance or character.

crew. n. group of people.

Well done folks, a fair handed approach from the BBC. Not sure if it was just our tele but the colours went a bit funny half way through.

Nice of Chris to place his cache within 30 minutes of home, we hurtled up and beat the rush. Nice night for a drive out but Mrs Dan had to hang on going around the corners. Got there just before some locals, who didn't have a tele, didn't know anyhing about caching but dashed out when their mates told them about it.

It's all go being a cacher icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Walker Dan:

Well done folks, a fair handed approach from the BBC. Not sure if it was just our tele but the colours went a bit funny half way through.

Nice of Chris to place his cache within 30 minutes of home, we hurtled up and beat the rush. Nice night for a drive out but Mrs Dan had to hang on going around the corners. Got there just before some locals, who didn't have a tele, didn't know anyhing about caching but dashed out when their mates told them about it.

It's all go being a cacher icon_wink.gif

I can't believe you went out straight after the programme!

icon_rolleyes.gif

Mind you I did happen to mention that maybe we could pay a visit tomorrow...and we're much further away. icon_wink.gif

Did you not get the 1st prize?

We taped it but when we got back there was a message on the answer machine from my mum to say it was ok, so we've watched it. I thought the funny colours were a dodgy tape.

Did you see Zoe the star dog run off with the spoils? Despite trying to wake her up, she slept through the whole programme!

Crikey......do I REALLY look and sound like that? Good prog.....'an just come back from Nenthead icon_wink.gif

Gaz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm SURE I can get the car closer!

Problem with colours was the filter they were using.. well fer my bit.. As fer the bit at Metal Gods.. I recon it was Postie blockin the signal !!!!!!!!

Whatever.. was a good spot..

Thanks all an sundry that took part.. including the mutts and to Chris jackson fer puttin up with a few excentrics..

Mind I aint gona say nowt about the fact he has visisted a few caches as well..

All in the line of research Chris icon_smile.gif Hah!!! yer hooked bonny lad icon_smile.gif

Moss the Boss... Sorta

If nothing shows up on the bbc website (which it probably will in the fullness of time - they seem to archive all the other "inside out" episodes), I'll do a video grab so that other folks can have a look. It'll have to wait 'till we're back from our hols though - too busy getting ready atm!

I thought it was quite a good programme (even though Mr Jackson did insist on filming it on a weekend that we couldn't attend! <g&gticon_wink.gif. The editorial emphasis was on the fact that geocaching takes you to interesting places that you might not otherwise visit, rather than it just being a hunt for a box of treasure ...a good thing, IMHO; painted the hobby in a very respectable light! icon_smile.gif

(and yes, the colour went a bit flickery on our reception too!)

quote:
Originally posted by Chives:

Hi everyone

I saw the programme on north-east/cumbria TV, so who was who then ???

I can remember nelson's column, the three men with gps's, the scouts, the big metal things...?

Hi Chives.....I was the one who 'found' the cache, though I did find it last year.....which gave me a bit of an advantage icon_biggrin.gif

GAZ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm SURE I can get the car closer!

Hello all - Chris Jackson here

Thanks for all your comments re the prog. Glad you seemed to like it. And YES there was a colour glitsch on transmission - all I can say is sorry, but a gremlin got into our works and had a play and it took us a while to squish him!

I am about to create a videofile of the item and put it on our website so you can see it in glorious colour all the way through!

NB we had cachers find our cache within hours, even at midnight and 5am!

Best wishes

Chris

BBC Inside Out