Just got my GPS

Capt Slog

Hi All

When I got into work this morning there was a parcel on my desk containing my first (only) GPS, courtesy of the Cookie Crew.

I'm so pleased, I'm still grinning as I write this.

Its a Garmin Etrex. Aren't they tiny! Having only seen photos, I didn't realise how small they are.....cute.

I can start caching now, feel like I've "joined the club".

Cheers

Slog

quote:
Originally posted by Dodgydaved:

quote:
Originally posted by Omally:

Woo! Bet you can't wait to get out and find some moew lunch boxes, huh?

.........moew.........(purr..purr?)

I thought it was Woof he quoth..........

dodgydaved

Bah! Don't you know dogs can't type properly?! icon_razz.gif

Actually, that was probably a Freudian Slip: I was dreaming about cats at the time... icon_wink.gif

Omally

Member of the GAGB

icon_biggrin.gif Glad you like it, and more importantly that it turned up in one piece (always reassuring), my apologies again for the delay whilst the cheque cleared.... I blame ebay for my lack of trust...... Now all that is needed is to head out and find some caches.... I haven't made it up to your neck of the woods yet (So many caches so little time!!!) But I am sure someone here could recommend some nice easy icon_wink.gif caches in the Nottingham / derby area to get you started.....

Good luck, but take your time remember to enjoy the scenery...

We joined the community two months ago after stumbling across a geocache web page by accident! Found our first cache without a gps and were hooked. We went out and bought a new etrex and I have to say its not let me down so far - even works in car!

Good luck with yours!

Begin the day with a friendly voice a companion unobtrusive that plays that song thats so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood.......

My two sons, Chip and Supplemental, were amazed with the Etrex when I took it home last night.

They've both tried it out by walking up and down the street ("look,you can see where I crossed the road"), and they love the animation, the figure on the map page has been christened, "Walking Dude".

Great fun.