Calling it a day also.

I would like to inform you that after the way this forum has gone this last few days, has totally sickened me.

The iceing on the cake being an abhorent post by wossa and that so called humerous clip.. Ask my Son in the Gulf how humerous it was the day he went into Basrah.

You will all no doubt be aware of the time and effort Tim and June have out into getting some form of recognition on the quirky British Caches..

Now most of it will be in the hands of the US admin. This means that the majority of caches will have to conform entirely to the US based guidelines.

Anyways people.. I'll be off.. will just do what I started 2 years ago..

Bye..

PS.. in 12 - 24 months time when the wole of the UK has tight restrictions on geocaching.. and I'm wizzing round on my wizzer frame I can look back and say.. Told you so with a knowing smile on my face as I hang up be GPS and reach fer the paint brush.. Isn't Life Grand,, icon_biggrin.gif

Moss the Boss... Sorta

I have no idea of the post to which you are referring but I'm sickened that anyone would post anything offending British troops in any way.

I expect you are my "local" rep, despite the 100 odd miles between us. I am unsure as to why you feel the need to resign. Just because there has been some heated discussion on an internet forum, is this a reason to throw the towel in?

*confused* Sam

~ Love many, trust few, learn to paddle your own Canoe ~

~ We can't run away for ever ... but theres nothing wrong with getting a good head start ~

quote:
Originally posted by Rockratgirl:

I have no idea of the post to which you are referring but I'm sickened that anyone would post anything offending British troops in any way.

I expect you are my "local" rep, despite the 100 odd miles between us. I am unsure as to why you feel the need to resign. Just because there has been some heated discussion on an internet forum, is this a reason to throw the towel in?

*confused* Sam

~ We can't run away for ever ... but theres nothing wrong with getting a good head start ~

After the damage you have done I think keeping quiet would seem to be the sencible thing.. Especially on this thread..

And as for local rep.. I represent Moss trooper.. no one else.. I resigned.. remember.. through your stupidity.. and my exasperation at trying to get the best out of something I have been a part of for 2 years against your 2 weeks

Moss the Boss... Sorta

quote:
Originally posted by Moss Trooper:

After the damage you have done I think keeping quiet would seem to be the sencible thing.. Especially on this thread..

And as for local rep.. I represent Moss trooper.. no one else.. I resigned.. remember.. through your stupidity.. and my exasperation at trying to get the best out of something I have been a part of for 2 years against your 2 weeks

Moss the Boss... Sorta

Excuse me? My stupidity? You represented the North I presume. My fiance made comments which upset a small amount of people (the majority being in the South) on here. Is this reason enough to throw the towel in?

Still confused (but continuing with Geocaching despite the fuss)

Sam

I don't wish to be rude but what part of Moss's message is confusing? Seems clear enough to me.

Where did anyone say Moss "represented the North"? Over the time I have been caching I have always felt represented by him despite being almost as far South as you can get. Thoroughly nice bloke too.

Rich

mobilis in mobili

<polite request>

The Rockratgirl pairing : Steve and Sam

Over the last couple of days there has been a great deal of fast reading and posting being done. I know from your side it has been annoying that some posts have been adressed at one of you in reply to the others posts. Is it possible to seperate your forum personalities even though you may cache as a team? I know you sign your posts with your own names but it can be confusing when everyone gets het up and we see one name and avatar. Only a suggestion.

</polite request>

quote:
upset a small amount of people (the majority being in the South)

There really is no difference between North and South in geocaching terms. Most of the time we don't take any notice of where anyone comes from. And in my case, if you decided I was one of these highly offended/offensive Southerners you would be making an incorrect assumption as I was born in Otley and am only in the south doing missionary work to try and get them to cook some decent fish and chips! icon_biggrin.gif

Finding your caches - Losing my marbles.

Good luck with that work then Kennamatic! The food conversion I mean - I used to live in Headingley and love caching in the West Yorks area. I was born in East Anglia, have Yank parentage, was raised in France and am therefore entirely without nationality!

Having a separate Avatar would be a good idea - can I do that? My other half suffers from a personality disorder discribed by Karl Gustaf Jung as "the Che Guevara complex". This condition is mainly kept under control by my other half, in so far as he doesn't travel the world inciting revolution. But nevertheless if he perceives an oppressor vs. the oppressed situation the personality disorder will kick in.

Makes for confrontations daily but he drives me to the caches and cooks a mean curry so I put up with it icon_wink.gif

PS. Sorry this is so far off post Moss - and I "presumed" you were the rep for "oop North" as you were the closest to here. It was our understanding that only people with local knowledge approved caches etc. Wrong! I'm still learning (eagerly!).

Sam

quote:
Originally posted by Rockratgirl:

Good luck with that work then Kennamatic! The food conversion I mean - I used to live in Headingley......

Oooohhh.. Bryan's Fish & Chips...

Nummmy..

a.

---------------------------------------------------

Knights of the Green Shield stamp and shout.....

quote:
Having a separate Avatar would be a good idea - can I do that?

I know you can, but to be honest I'm not sure how. It's probably a case of changing the avatar in "your account profile" to the correct one for whoever's posting although that might be bit of a bind. I know that some of the others who had this would ocasionally post with the wrong avatar because they forgot to change it.

Anyway, there are plenty of people reading this who will know.

Finding your caches - Losing my marbles.

I think the idea is to create gc.com accounts for each individual, to be used in forums only. Login under the appropriate ID when posting in the forums but login under the 'team name' to log cache finds, etc.

I think the avatar image is applied real-time as the forum page is downloaded, rather than each historical forum post retaining the image it had at the time it was created - if you see what I mean.

Anyway, I'm sure Paul or Mike Blitz will be along presently to share their experience, in this respect.

=====

There's no such thing as a free lunchbox!